cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture Field Data business process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

"Capture Field Data" is the way thru which an organization can push data of business processes pertaining petroleum products to SAP. Is there any detailed PPT available on what data can be retained in SAP or someone would like to shed lights.

Regards

Nayab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

This is an application to capture upstream Oil & Gas field data (from wells, oil fields, pumps, storage containers, etc.). It was originally built in MII, but I think it was changed to an RDS (Rapid Deployment Solution) once testing was completed. However, I would suggest talking to your AE or SE to get more information. I did a quick look around and found this page, but did not dig into it very far. [Field Data Capture|http://www50.sap.com/businessmaps/71EBD14E885449DDA2B5C4875FFBF488.htm]. Last I heard it was supposed to be released in June 2011, but that was over a year ago.

I think I will look at it in depth when I have a little more time available. Please post what you find out for the rest of us.

Thanks,

Mike

Here is a better link for more information: [FDC|http://help.sap.com/miicont-fdc]

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Feb 14, 2012 7:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael for a quick response.

I already have visited the suggested sites, however, still not sure if it fulfills our requirements. I'll revert back with the detailed analysis if finds any solution for the following requirement with hope to get insights from SDN community.

Requirement:

Field Production Data (meter readings (from Differential Charts or Meters) and Lab Test results), Calculation of Production Volume and Sales data should be captured by SAP for near-real-time monitoring.

With the research I found that SAP provides Upstream operations, a single part of which is Capture Field Data that may address the mentioned requirement. So far, no luck to find detailed information on how the data flows.

Regards

Nayab

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

I suspect that you will need to contact someone in the organization who owns the FDC application. Probably the O&G IBU. Your AE should be able to find a contact for you, but if you have difficulty, let me know and I will see if I can find the right person.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply. I'll contact SAP Accounts Manager to find more details, but I doubt if anyone in the locality have implemented FDC. Thank you for the offer, I'll surely update you if didn't unsuccessful with AE. However, aren't their any presentations/detailed business process documentation that can describe the features in more details, like connectivity with Meters, DCS, Control Rooms etc.

Regards

Nayab

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

There probably are, but I was unable to come up with more than what I posted before. I am rather sure that installation guide, configuration guide, and master guides will have more information. But having said that, I think the connection information may actually be at the PCo (Plant Connector) level. You may find more information on those types of connections by searching for the PCo docs.

Good luck!

Mike

Answers (0)