cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best option to push Mass data using Java API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one let me know how Java API push data to MDM? Is it a good option when ti comes to perfromance point of view? We have around 2000/5000 records to be imported every time using Java API and wondering what would be best way to acheive this using Java API?

Is java API is best option than Web services?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

Can you please share the scenario detail?

TR/- Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scenario is as below:

user will be creating records from Customised portal screns and using Java API records are pushed to MDM.. So want to know what would be the best option to create these records in MDM with out impacting the performance.

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

It is perfectly fine to use API to push data into MDM, you just need to make sure that your API does all those tasks which import manager does by default. For example, it should know when to insert and when to update. if an error happens during insertion of record, you should be able to notify the users.

Having said that, where does the number 2000/5000 comes in? will you be creating users in batch and then invoke MDM API to store these in a single shot or willl it be a delta insert/update from Java to MDM?

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

So you mean using this customised screen will users will be able to upload data in excel or some other format,and an automated mechanism will upload this uploaded mass data into MDM on the fly.

As Aamir suggested this involves good amount of development work but yes it is possible through Java APIs.

Thanks,

Ravi

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

still cannot follow you,

you are using java api to create or push?

i don't see there is any need to use api to push.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we use the TXT file to upload and the JAVA API will insert these new records in to MDM.. Wonddering what is the best option to create records in MDM using Java API... Any sequence or steps to consider?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajeev,

I think excel can come in handy to take care of validations in the data.

Steps can be:

Upload

Validation

Consolidation

Save to MDM

Before running validations it will be good idea to check if records are already present in MDM.

I would advise only to create data using such tool as it can too complex to update and process if data is already present or symplifying business logic to make things simpler based on flags or some logic.

Thanks,

Ravi

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't know your detail scenario, why don't you leave it to import server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Java API will more potent solution for your requirement.

Please refer to Java docs for Class ImportRecordsCommand-

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM71/index.html

Thanks,

Ravi