Installing Hana Client DB: Can not update ODBO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Running XP Pro

Installing Hana client database and getting error that it

Cannot Update package ODBO

Install of Package ODBO failed

Registration of package ODBO failed

(other drivers such as odbc went in fine. Also Studio installed fine)

Also can't register MDX- %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe: %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr.exe /s "C:\ProgramFiles\SAP\hdbclient\SAPNewDBMDXProvider.dll":cannot create process, The system can not find file specified.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The solution I found on W7 and W8 is:

1. Enter regedit.

2. Locate Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Windows.

3. Create a new Expandable String Value (Right clic -> New -> Expandable String Value).

4. Assign the name SystemDirectory.

5. Assign the value %SystemRoot%\system32

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

My system is Win7, 64 bits. Your solution works well. Thank you for your sharing!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Worked for me as well.  Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having same issue in my win7, 64bit & this registry entry is already exist... any other ideas ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The error is always with the registration and path resolution of regsrv32.exe. Doing more research I have found that this is happening a lot in OS that are not in english and in which Program Files has other names (Archivo de Programas in Spanish for example).

The workaround is going where the driver has been copied (check your error message for the path), run the command regsvr32.exe SAPNewDBMDXProvider.dll. This should register the driver and you will be able to use the driver where you like. Never the less, if you run the installation it will still say that it failed.

Kind regards

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had same error in windows 8 64-bit machine. In my case SystemDirectory was already assigned in registry. I just downloaded the client again and installed. the "SAPNewDBMDXProvider.dll" had been updated second time!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I having the same issue in my win 7 64 bit system. I have the reg value set as suggested that is %SystemRoot%\system32 right? But I can see another post by y m suggesting to set it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Which one is correct? BTW the latter one also did not work for me!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

just try installing hana studio 32-bit and excel 2007 32-bit. it's easier than trying to figure out the regedit entries.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member93896
Active Contributor

Hi Dan,

missing files during installation are often caused by incomplete downloads of the installation package (SAR file). Download and extract it again.

Regards,

Marc

SAP Customer Solution Adoption (CSA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No this did not help unfortunately. Appears to be something missing in my registry. I have a screenshot of the error I can send you if that would help. please email me at spaulding.dan gmail acct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am also facing the same issue, it would be great if you could share the solution. Thanks.

regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

same problem here...

I had to manually insert the "SystemDirectory" string value using regedit, then i got the following error:

ERR: Installation failed

ERR:   error installing

ERR:     Cannot install

ERR:       Cannot update package ODBO

ERR:         installation of package ODBO failed

ERR:           Registration of package "ODBO" failed

ERR:             Cannot register MDX provider

ERR:               Cannot execute program %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe: %S

ystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s "C:\Program Files\sap\hdbclient\SAPNewDBMDXP

rovider.dll": cannot create process, The system cannot find the file specified.

%SystemRoot% = c:\Windows.

I checked and the file "SAPNewDBMDXProvider.dll" does exist.

any ideas?

Thanks.

Y.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved:

on win7 64-bit "SystemDirectory" should have the value: "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" if windows was installed in its default folder.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please elaborate your solution? I am facing a similar error.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Dhaval.

jsancho
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problema as you. Althought my "SystemDirectory" already points to my SysWOW64 folder HANA Client installation cotinues failing at trying to register "SAPNewDBMDXProvider.dl"

Is it necessary to have a Professional Win7 64?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

I am having same issue in Win7, 64 bit. Registry has the value pointed out by Marco. Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I had similar issues with another dll which was not compatible with the "regi.exe". I had also the exact same problem as mentioned in this discussion but after doing the following for the "regi.exe" the "

SAPNewDBMDXProvider.dll" also disappeared.  You may also try the followings considering "SAPNewDBMDXProvider.dll" as the target dll:

1. use the tool www.dependencywalker.com/ to find out exaclty which dlls are missing/not the right version/not compatible by opening the target program (SAPNewDBMDXProvider.dll)

2. find out the right dlls from the right source. In my case it was part of the windows visual c++ 2010 x64 redistributatble package. so i downloaded the package.

3. before you install the right dll make sure that you uninstall preveously installed dlls/packages with the same name. in my case i had to uninstall c++ 2008 / 2005 redistributable packages x86.

4. then install

5. do not forget to reboot your machine

6.if the problem still persists you may forcfully register the new dll by the command

regsvr32.exe "the target dll"

hope it helps.

best,

Mohammad