cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Enterprise Service Workplace (SOAP TO SOAP SCENARIO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I have a scenario where a third party needs to consume a web service from SAP ECC to retrive some supplier master data. I've found a service in enterprise service workplace that accomplish our requirements so we want to build a scenario soap to soap to consume this web service from PI. The problem is we don't know the way to publish this service in the SAP BACKEND.

Any suggestions? Have u ever built a scenario to consume a service discovered in the enterprise service workplace and published in SAP ERP system?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The reason for the problem is simple: you cannot use the "None" authentication method for this Service. It is just a matter of SAP internal security - just think of a service being exposed to the network with NO authentication at all. So in your case, the Service requires at least a basic authentication with username and password of some SAP technical user. Choose this option when configuring the Service Provider and you will be fine.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everybody.

Issue resolved.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below link. This migh to helpful to you.

Let me know, if it does not work.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

Regards

Veeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all thaks a lot for your comments.

We don't have any problem to build the scenario in PI. We want to avoid point to point connections an use PI as a enterprise service bus so our option woulld be a soap to soap scenario.

The problem is we can't publish the service SupplierERPBasicDataByElementsQueryResponse_In discoverd in Enterprise Service Workplace in SAP BACKEND.

Im using the link the Michal link [ http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/06820d9d174c2884576bd78ac5629d /content.htm] but when I try to save the webservice configuration I'm getting this error:

SRT Framework exception: Configuration is invalid: DT-RT incompatibility: DT auth. level 'Basic', RTauth. method 'sapsp:None' too weak

And I don't know how to configure correctly the webservice.....

Thanks a lot.....

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>The problem is we don't know the way to publish this service in the SAP BACKEND.

Many SAP ERP systems are nowadays built in webservice runtime by default including ECC. You have to use SOAMANAGER Transaction to create Web service definition and WSPUBLISH to publish the service in the service registry. This is simple. You can do it.

Three ways to create the scenario

1)After creating service definition in ECC, you can provide WSDL to the external system to consume the webservice that is hosted on ECC.

2) You can use PI for the middleware purpose to monitor, process the message. If you use PI, then you have to use soap sender and soap receiver. Soap receiver will consume the webservice that is hosted on ECC. You create another web service definition using soap sender and create WSDL and provide to the external system. This is soap to soap scenario.

3) If your external system is supporting java or abap proxy objects then you might want to try ws adapter using direct connection. THis way you dont use PI middleware. But PI would be using direct connection configuration object to connect your sender ws runtime and ecc (sap) ws runtime.

Hope that helps.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

either publish from SAP ECC directly (soa manager)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/06820d9d174c2884576bd78ac5629d/content.htm

or push it via PI (you don't have do use SOAP then but any RFC which is suitable)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk