cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Auto Approve Roles without Approvers for GRC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is anyone using this option on GRC 10.0 as according to my understanding , if someone selects a role and it has no approver then the role has to be assigned to the user automatically but it is not happening in my system..The request is going to decision pending and it is still looking for role approver.

Can someone provide their expertise on this issue .

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I have not used that functionality myself, as I find it too risky if a SOD or Critical risk would be introduced by assigning that role.

I would have thought that by setting the correct values in SPRO would have enabled this functionality. It might be worth checking the settings again and resaving it.

However, if you are purposly leaving the approver value blank for non-risky roles, as an alternativethe document below is worth a consideration for implementing via BRF+ in GRC 10. (I know the document is more GRC 5.3 related, but the concept is valid).

Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/203d2716-ef84-2d10-3f81-a6f6643e308d?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushal..Let me go through this and get back to you on it went..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

I went through this document and it was pretty interesting but I was wondering as to how to get the BRF+ condition to satisfy the condition on Pg6.

In a brief overview of my BRF+..for new acct,change acct basically role owners approve it

so i created a new result which says a string contains Z:Role for Z:Role_country as we have around 1000 of them and none of them need approvals for new acct and change acct and it still waits for an approver..