cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am using PI 7.3, and I try to run an interface that works correctly on my PI 7.0

I get the following error:

<?xml version="1.0"; encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<!- Request Message Mapping

-->

<SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">JCO_SYSTEM_FAILURE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException<;/SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>"SYSTEM FAILURE" during JCo call. java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException<;/SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>A</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I looked at the trace - and the error seems to be in the message mapping.

However - it is a very simple message mapping, and I didn't use any special functions.

I have searched the SDN but didn't find something to indicate the source of the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Imanuel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Udo's suggestion in the below thread!

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=61582

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

Thanks for all the help offered.

I'm currently configuraing the rest of the scenarios for the new server, and I need to backup before deleting anything.

About all the cache refresh / restart suggestions - I have already tried them.

Also - all of the monitoring mentioned seems fine.

It will be sometime before I'll return to the subject, but I'll update when I will.

Thanks again,

Imanuel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update on this one. Even i am facing the same issue while executing mapping for simple File-Proxy scenario (Mapping: JCO connection error). I am having newly installed netWeaver 7.3 dual stack system. i tried re-creating Sm59 destination as well but no use.

My JCO connections in NWA is working fine as well..

Still facing this issue.

Regards

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Still no news.

However I have a workaround.

I can use an integrated configuration, and then the scenario does work.

Please try and change your scenario to integrated configuration and tell me if it works for you as well.

I'll update when I have news for SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Weird stuff...

We have done nothing essential to the adapter framework beside implementing note: 1349125

and that was to able to send proxy messages directly to the AAE.

and now, when I tried sending the RFC again, it worked fine...

Can you please check again that you still got the error, implement the note and then try the scenario again?

If it'll work, I guess that the patch also fix this problem.

I'll also let SAP know of the new info in my OSS, and ask them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are also facing a similar problem. Did you get any updates from SAP after raising the OSS note?

Pls let us know if you have any pointers from SAP on this issue.

Regards

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Here is the answer SAP gave me on the OSS:

"

Hello Imanuel,

first of all thank you for the good news. I'm glad that it is working
now.
Actually i do not think that the note 1349125 solved this problem, but
most probably the problem was fixed due to the
dependencies between the software components:
1335523 - FAQ: Deployment PI Patches in Release 7.1 and higher

Unfortunately i did not found the error in the DEBUG level trace...As
I see you created the trace after you installed the patch. So in this
case the trace will do not help.

As the problem do not exists anymore, i will set the status of this
ticket to "Customer Action" and so you can close the ticket. Please let
me know if you have any furter questions.
Thank you!

"

As the problem didn't exist anymore, I can no longer check the causes...

Sorry, but that is the best information I can provide you now.

Good luck,

Imanuel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks Imanuel for your response. I'll keep you posted after analysing and applying the notes

Regards

Jithin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

JCO_SYSTEM_FAILURE is because there is some problem with (JAVA CONNECTOR) JCO RFC between the Java Stack and the ABAP stack of your PI System.

Please check the following RFC connection in SM59 of your PI system.

1) AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER

2) AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER

3) LCRSAPRFC

4) SAPSLDAPI

Also, try a Soft Shutdown of the JAVA Instance from Transaction - SMICM

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refresh the AE cache once and give a try. find below the procedure to refresh the cache.

http://<PI Server name>:<HTTP Port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

Another thing u can do....logged to Visual Administrator with J2EE_ADMIN , Services-> JCo RFC Provider, In the Right hand u will find the RFC Destination AI_RUNTIME_<SID>. Select the destination and click on Stop and then start it again....

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imanuel,

Check in rwb:

- Component monitoring, status of mapping runtime

- Cache monitoring: Mapping program and Show cache status table

You could monitor also in http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp?fromaudit=true&currentPage=1

Could show us all the steps in this monitor?

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A JCO exception looks an exception in the adapter. Are you using a target a RFC?. Does the message come to target system?. Another services interfaces works correctly using the same adapter?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

First - Thanks for the quick reply.

The scenario is RFC -> FILE

But I used RWB to test the interface (meaning I skipped the RFC adapter part) - and still got the same error.

Also, I tried to remove the message mapping (just changed the inbound interface so it will be identical to the outbound interface, and didn't use operation mapping) - and then the interface succedded.

So I'm quite sure it is an operation mapping problem.

The weird thing is that there are no special functions in the message mapping, or any lookup. very similar to 1:1 mapping.

Can I find a more detailed trace somewhere? I tried to search the java logs, but nothing came up.

Thanks again,

Imanuel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a little digging and found this in the dev_jrfc.trc file:

Exception thrown [Wed Feb 15 09:35:39,760]:Exception thrown by application running in JCo Server

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException

at $Proxy1130.processFunction(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor670.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.RFCDefaultRequestHandler.handleRequest(RFCDefaultRequestHandler.java:183)

at com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.RFCJCOServer$J2EEApplicationRunnable.run(RFCJCOServer.java:267)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:185)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:302)

Caused by: java.rmi.RemoteException: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/aii/ibrun/sbeans/mapping/MappingRequestHandler : cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/aii/ibrun/sbeans/mapping/MappingRequestHandler : cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.RequestInvocationContext.proceedFinal(RequestInvocationContext.java:99)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:166)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatesTransition.invoke(Interceptors_StatesTransition.java:19)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Resource.invoke(Interceptors_Resource.java:47)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.doWorkWithAttribute(Interceptors_Transaction.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.invoke(Interceptors_Transaction.java:21)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_MethodRetry.invoke(Interceptors_MethodRetry.java:46)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:189)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatelessInstanceGetter.invoke(Interceptors_StatelessInstanceGetter.java:16)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_SecurityCheck.invoke(Interceptors_SecurityCheck.java:25)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.invoke(Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.java:17)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultInvocationChainsManager.startChain(DefaultInvocationChainsManager.java:138)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.java:164)

at $Proxy1130.processFunction(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor670.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.RFCDefaultRequestHandler.handleRequest(RFCDefaultRequestHandler.java:183)

at com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.RFCJCOServer$J2EEApplicationRunnable.run(RFCJCOServer.java:267)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:185)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:302)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/aii/ibrun/sbeans/mapping/MappingRequestHandler : cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed

at com.sap.aii.ibrun.sbeans.mapping.MappingServiceImpl.setMappingReturn(MappingServiceImpl.java:184)

at com.sap.aii.ibrun.sbeans.mapping.MappingServiceImpl.startup(MappingServiceImpl.java:169)

at com.sap.aii.ibrun.sbeans.mapping.MappingServiceImpl.processFunction(MappingServiceImpl.java:72)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor465.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.RequestInvocationContext.proceedFinal(RequestInvocationContext.java:47)

... 29 more

Still can't figure out what caused this...

I have an open OSS, i'll update if I get any answer.

Any help is still very welcome.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, but one of them doesn't seem to be relevant, and the other one is not solved.

Can you please be more specific?