cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 7.2 (SDN-Edu) with Oracle Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have download the SAP NetWeaver 7.2 from SDN (Trial-Version). So far, the installation went good with MaxDB. But how I can connect to an Oracle Database (11g Release 2)? Do I need to configure JDBC Driver, then customizable DataSource with all the parameter (host, username, password, sid etc.)?

Navigation in SAP NetWeaver Administration: Configuration Management --> infrastructure --> Application Resources

The installation of Oracle with creation a database is done. Both, SAP NetWeaver and Oracle are running on the same machine (localhost).

Many thanks for help,

Cengiz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr,

To connect your Sap System 7.2 to an Oracle Database, you can simply make up a Database Link Connection.

Before, make sure that your System have the required Oracle's JDBC drivers.

After this, you can refer to this wiki, to build up the Database Connection:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/SAPDBLinktoanExternalOracle+Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi spantaleoni, thanks for your anwer.

you mean something like that (code se below), without to configure a datasource on sap netweaver administration (please see my navigation steps above)?

public static Connection getOracleConnection() throws Exception {

String driver = "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver";

String url = "jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:SID";

String username = "username";

String password = "password";

Class.forName(driver); // load Oracle driver

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username, password);

return conn;

}

thanks again,

cengiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Above, I meant to configure a database link to the external Oracle DB from the DBACOCKPIT transaction (on Sap backend side), and not a Java connection to the Oracle DB.

However, even this way is fine, but is unuseful for connecting from Sap backend side to the OraDB.

Otherwise, If you configure the connection from the DBMS layer (using DBACOCKPIT transaction), the connection is usable from the entire SAP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, but I don't know what is DBACOCKPIT, because I only have the java stack of webas. a simple solution must be possible to connect to the oracle database over a jdbc- netweaver-given configuration.

may there is already a jdbc driver given with the installation of netweaver 7.2?

what I have tried (in sap netweaver nwa) is to configure a new jdbc driver (with uploading the file ojdbc6.jar), then create a custom datasource (alias). but when I have finished that, the datasource is in status "not available" (red point).

the other way with java connection is working fine, but that's true what you say. it's not the optimal solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The JDBC Driver ojdbc6.jar is related to your Oracle Release (11g)??

To install JDBC driver, you can follow this help:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f04ce027-934d-2a10-5a8f-fa0b1ed4d88f

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah it is (i think so), because i'm using jdk 1.6, so the compatible driver is ojdbc.jar.

ok, now i have the status "available", that means the application server has accepted the new oracle driver package. the next step is to read from the database via datasource

thanks,

cengiz