cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing block removal in case of PS milestones

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created milestones in PS and copied them in SD billing plan through WBS element. But even if the milestone is not completed in PS, the system allows me to do the billing in the SD, for that milestone.

But if I just remove the billing block in the sales order and save it and come back into it, I can see the block again as in the PS milestone is yet to be completed. But if I remove the block in the sales order and after saving the SO go to VF01, the system allows me to do the billing.

The requirement is that unless the milestone is completed in the PS, it should not allow to do the billing in the salesorder whatever the scenario is.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that billing block determination based on PS milestones occurs only when you enter the transaction. I am not sure if this is "by design" (so that the users could remove the block manually, as an exception) or if it's a programming error in the SAP code or a user exit.

I would check if there is any code in the user exits that could cause such effect. If none, I'd send a message to SAP. Perhaps they could either confirm that it's a "feature, not a bug" or fix it.

If this is a "feature" and you want to make the billing block non-removable, then this most likely can be achieved in a user exit. I'd still leave an escape window there and allow this action with a special authorization (custom object).