Did you mean: 

Promotional Price configuration

prabhakar_shylam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need some help on the promotions configuration and settings required for :

All promotions should have:

option of setting a date range to control when the promotion is applied. It would also be nice

excluding certain materials

excluding certain customer accounts.

u2022 Volume Discount

o When a customer purchases a single unit of one product/part, they will pay their full price.

o If a customer purchases five or more units of the same product the customer will get a 5% discount on those units. The 5% discount would have to be off the customeru2019s net price, not the list price.

An example would be if a customer purchased a fan belt for $100, the total bill would be $100 + shippingIf that customer purchased two fan belts, the cost for each fan belt would $100 u2013 5% = $95 x 2+ $190.00 + shipping.

o Would like to be able to exclude certain materials

u2022 Total Value Discount

o When a customer spends over a certain amount, they get a discount.

. If a customer spends $XX, they get X% their entire order. As long as they meet that minimum dollar purchase, they get the discount.

u2022 An example of this is

o If you spend $100, you get a 10% discount

o If you spend $200, you get a 15% discount

o If you spend $300, you a 20% discount

Rgds

Prabu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please clarify what kind of help are you expecting exactly? What have you done yourself so far?

prabhakar_shylam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Need to configure the promotions and sales deals for my customer. Have done the base settings of setting up promotions ,sales deals, condition types,groups and all assignment.

I created an order but the price is being picked from the condition records created in the normal way by VK11, I am not sure if it works like this, even if i maintain records in sales deals.

The Scenarios is:

u2022 Volume Discount

o When a customer purchases a single unit of one product/part, they will pay their full price.

o If a customer purchases two or more units of the same product/part the customer will get a 10% discount on those units. The 10% discount would have to be off the customeru2019s net price, not the list price.

 An example would be if a customer purchased a PRODUCT for $10, the total bill would be $10 + shipping

 If that customer purchased two of them, the cost would be $10 u2013 10% = $9 x 2+ $18.00 + shipping.

o Would like to be able to exclude certain materials

u2022 Dollar Amount Discount

o When a customer spends over a certain amount, they get a discount.

o These promotions are usually offered in two ways

 The first way is a single discount. If a customer spends $XX, they get X% their entire order. As long as they meet that minimum dollar purchase, they get the discount.

 The second way is a stair-step or sliding scale discount. If a customer spends $XX, they get X discount. If they spend more, $XXX, they get a larger discount, XX% on their entire order

u2022 An example of this is

o If you spend $100, you get a 10% discount

o If you spend $200, you get a 15% discount

o If you spend $300, you a 20% discount

u2022 These stair step discounts normally do not have more than three steps, otherwise the consumer gets confused

Rgds

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm still not clear - are you expecting the forum users to do the configuration for you?

It doesn't seem fair to expect the forum users to do your job. If you have a more specific question, e.g. "I tried X and Y but still have an issue with the following <detailed information here>".

For example, you're saying you're not sure how the sales deals and pricing conditons work. Have you read documentation on this? Have you searched the forum for similar questions? Have you looked at the pricing analysis in the sales order?

Please use Search and read documentation before posting and come back with specific questions, if anything is still not clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabus,

Form my understanding!

For Volume Discount: In condition record maintain scales.

Eg: 1-10 items--> 10%

11-20 items--> 20%

For Total dollar value:

You will need a special condition type and maintain group cdn routine in the condition type according to your business requirement and you will need help from developer so that he can code and maintain a table with the net value and the discount percentage.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Edited by: Das516 on Feb 16, 2012 4:54 PM

Edited by: Das516 on Feb 16, 2012 5:29 PM