Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update in Planning book after closing Sales Order

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a sales order is closed, through reason of rejection, the product allocation entries in DP planning book are released for the given characteristic combination.

How does it happen technically i.e. what are the entries which it deletes?

Does product allocation group come into picture ?

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

When you set a reason for rejection and save the order a "ATP check" happens which release the quantity. When the queue update is processed in APO the system finally deletes the qty from the allocation tables and planning area.

The allocation consumption is stored in allocation table /SAPAPO/SDQTVB (you can access the table via the POSGUID from /SAPAPO/POSMAPN).

best regards,

Michael

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for the useful information.

In order to cater specific business requirement, we doing multi-level check, as far as product allocation is concerned, through development.

Requirement Example :-

Product availability check is at FG level (i.e. sales order material ) based on receipt elements.

The restriction to these elements is required based on allocations maintained at component level.

As per standard behavior, if stock is there at FG level, system will not go to check allocation at component level and it will confirm all the available quantity. As per requirement even the confirmation at FG level should be restricted to the extent of allocations at component level.

To cater to this requirement, quantity confirmation are changed using /SAPAPO/ATP_REQ_ITEM_CONF by putting validations after reading component allocation data in planning book. Product allocation procedure is not coming into picture in this development.

Request your insights to this development as to what can be the hurdles.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS

If I understand your requirement correctly, you want to restrict FG on the basis of allocation maintained for component. Did you try to check the option of maintaining allocation at FG level - the allocation quantity can be calculated based on BOM and allocation on the components. Do you think this would support your requirement?

Thanks,

Prasun

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

At what point are you saying to calculate the allocations at FG level? Do you mean that its virtual allocations calculated at FG level after reading allocations at component level through MATP ?

can you please elaborate?

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS

I was thinking about a simpler design approach. My assumption is - you want to restrict FG based on constraint in components. May be I am wrong, but let me elaborate:

You have maintained allocation for components in the planning book in APO. You also have BOM information available. Based on this two information, required allocation for FG can be calculated either in Planning Book or using some development. This allocation can be updated on need basis or at a regular interval. When ATP Check takes place, it checks for the allocation and availability for both FG as well as components. So, you need not go for manipulating ATP Call using user exit etc.

This is just a thought with more standardization in mind - not sure if this really fits you.

Thanks,

Prasun

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

You have understood it very rightly. Let me elaborate it on myside too.

The component to parent link is one to many. That means there are number of FGs with differnt BOM ratios to the component.

This is one of the reasons why allocations are not calulated at FG level. Also, tomorrow a sales order may be raised on a FG at which no prior allocations were build up but it consumes the same component.

Due to this complexities, we are following the approach.

Regards,

RS