Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sp levels upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

now we planned to upgade my r3 system support patches from sp3 701 to sp9 701

i know how to upgrade support patch using spam but i need to know how can i upgrade sp level using ehpi

so please help me out how can i upgrade sp level using ehp in steps

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathimatta,

Firstly, I would like to inform you that you can use SAPehpi for Support Package update.

This would help in reducing the downtime (since the ABAP and JAVA packages are applied using the same tool). Hence, the

downtime is considerably reduced.

Now, coming to your case, you have a single stack (ABAP only) system. Hence, you can use the conventional SPAM.

To furhter reduce the downtime using SPAM, you can use the 'downtime minimized' strategy in SPAM.

To use this -

Goto transaction SPAM -> Extras -> Settings -> Import queue tab -> check mark the option "Import Mode: Downtime-minimized"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/de/42/7fc42170924c20a87def06cb1b6959/content.htm

SAP Note 744343 should help you.

I hope, I could assist you.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process to upgrade SP3 to SP9 for NW 701 as below

1) download the stack and put all the files into EPS/in

2)start JSPM and update your JSPM (if you have any new content )

3)select "support pack and enhancement package stack" option and start the deployemnt

4)if you have any issues, check log files under /usr/sap/<sid>/J<NR>/J2ee/JSPM/log

it will take time depend on your usage types.

-Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

thanks for your Replies and sap gui suggest for the same (means apply support patches using ehpi tool)

but i dont know how we can apply support patches by using ehpi tool so this scrab.

now my system is ABAP stack only.

and sp levels are basis,abap,bi ..... etc are 03 and now i need to upgrade to 09 and version is 701

for this i desided to go with SPAM ...is it correct process or we have any other better methods to reduce down time

kindly suggest

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, specifically there is no option to install SPS using EHPi tool.

Is it a dual stack system? I think, for ABAP part, as you know, we can go for SPAM and JSPM for JAVA part. The system can be brought to latest EHP version by using EHPi, where we can include SPS packages along with EHPs.

Thanks

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EHPI can only be used to raise the EHP level of system. You can add the latest SPs of the target EHP in EHPI process, but without raising EHP level, it is not possible to install SPs.

As mentioned before;

for ABAP only systems;

- update SAP Kernel

- update SPAM

- Install ABAP SPs

for Java only systems;

- update JSPM

- update Kernel and Java SPs with JSPM

for ABAP+Java systems;

- update SAP Kernel

- update SPAM

- Install ABAP SPs