cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

process for sending equipment during calibration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

when i send an equipment( ex: vernier) for a third party vendor for calibration, in purchase order, there is no material displayed since the item category is " D"(service). Now i have one doubt.

How to send the equipment for calibration and at the same time in sap, there should be some transaction/document so as to send/receive the equipment for calibration. Any suggestions .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandi,

Being from the business side I would suggest that rather then considering this process as the Calibration Process, please consider it as a Simple Sub-Contracting Process.

in which the material that you are sending, will be coming back to you, That is the Re-Work Material.

You can issue the Serialized Material(With Equipment) to the vendor via 541 Mvt Type and do simple GR with 101 Mvt type and pay the vendor for the services.

You can generate the Sub-Contracting PR from the Maintenance order Only, and then create the PO for the PR.

Hope it helps you.

Rgeards,

yawar Khan

former_member385375
Contributor
0 Kudos

1.Calibration is a external service you take from your vendor. For this create calibration order & trigger PR/PO with the help of control key PM03. On completion, do service entry(ML81N) & MIRO for invoicing.

2. For documenting issueing & receiving you have to serialise your equipment along with material no. You have to create a subcontracting PO & issue srialised material(equipment) movt type 541 & recieve the same movt type 543 & 101.

However this process may increase complexity

Shakti