SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner type conversion?

smetraux
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to convert a Business Partner (BUT000) from a type (BUT000-TYPE) to another one?

BP Types:

1 "Person"

2 "Organization"

3 "Group"

We would need it for data cleaning.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BAPI function module BAPI_ISUPARTNER_CHANGE allows you to modify the BP Type (field name BPKIND). You will find documentation in the BAPI Explorer.

Regards,

Ivor M.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BAPI function module BAPI_ISUPARTNER_CHANGE allows you to modify the BP Type (field name BPKIND). You will find documentation in the BAPI Explorer.

Regards,

Ivor M.

0 Kudos

Sorry - but the BP type is not changeable within the standard solution. There are two fields very similarly named - bptype (which is the BP category) and bpkind (which is the bp type). The bpkind/type value can be changed - this is typically residential, commercial, etc. The bptype/category cannot be changed - this is the person, organization attribute of the partner. There are several underlying tables which are populated based upon the initial category choice. I believe that there is a custom solution delivered by a partner which can enable this. Otherwise, you will need to create a new BP for these incorrectly defined objects.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Bill, i thought as much

0 Kudos

I can tell you that the German colleagues in SAP consulting offer a solution to change the BP type (similar to a CDP offering).  I am unaware of the costs for this solution. You can contact (rainer.lork@sap.com) if you wish to pursue the solution.