cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.2 AS Java (LDAP) Initial load fails - ORA-00942

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to perform the AS Java (LDAP) initial load on IDM 7.2 and have many errors in job log. I checked the log details and found most of the error are from one database error. "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist"

The SQL indicates two tables should exist in the database, but I found the table "sapgroup" is missing. Can anyone explain why the table is missing and how I can fix that?

Best Regards

Jack Xiong

Line: -

<mx:PASS name="55E9C2D5-2F0F-4C7F-9B10-E3963ADAAA61" seq="11" title="Create Privileges for Global Groups" type="ToIDStore">

<mx:REPOSITORYNAME>CE72JAVA</mx:REPOSITORYNAME>

<mx:MESSAGES>

<mx:ERROR seq="1">

<mx:TEXT>Exception executing SELECT distinct(sapgroup.dn), sapCE72JAVAroleAssign.roleassignments, sapgroup.cn

FROM sapgroup INNER JOIN

sapCE72JAVAroleAssign ON

'SPML.SAPGROUP.' || sapgroup.cn = sapCE72JAVAroleAssign.roleAssignments</mx:TEXT>

<mx:TEXT>java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

</mx:TEXT>

<mx:ENTRY/>

</mx:ERROR>

<mx:ERROR seq="2">

<mx:TEXT>Running pass failed with unhandled exception</mx:TEXT>

<mx:TEXT>java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.sql.ResultSet.getMetaData() of an object loaded from local variable 'rs'</mx:TEXT>

<mx:ENTRY/>

</mx:ERROR>

</mx:MESSAGES>

<mx:DELTA>0</mx:DELTA>

<mx:TIMEUSED>0</mx:TIMEUSED>

<mx:NENTRIES adds="0" dels="0" markdels="0" mods="0" noops="0">0</mx:NENTRIES>

<mx:NERRORS>2</mx:NERRORS>

<mx:NWARNINGS>0</mx:NWARNINGS>

</mx:PASS>

Line: -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

its not a SQL Problem. Its a java problem. The Table is not sapgroup the table is sapCE72JAVAroleAssign. Its a join.

Here is the Problem:

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.sql.ResultSet.getMetaData() of an object loaded from local variable 'rs'</mx:TEXT>

I think it might be the wrong Java Version. What Version are you running? What is in the recommend in the installation guide?

BR,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am using SAPJVM 6 and oracle jdbc driver ojdbc6.jar. The initial load of AS ABAP is woring fine so I assume JDK and JDBC driver should be OK. The first few steps of JAVA initial load is also successful, so I think it is still a SQL error.

The SQL join contains two tables, the first one is SPML.SAPGROUP, the second is SAPCE72JAVAROLEASSIGN. I can find the second table in the database, but I could not find the first one. I think that's the root cause of this ORA 00942 error.

-

SELECT distinct(sapgroup.dn), sapCE72JAVAroleAssign.roleassignments, sapgroup.cn

FROM sapgroup INNER JOIN sapCE72JAVAroleAssign

ON 'SPML.SAPGROUP.' || sapgroup.cn = sapCE72JAVAroleAssign.roleAssignments

-

Best Regards

Jack Xiong

Edited by: Jack Xiong on Feb 14, 2012 9:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

the name of the table is missing in this statement. (Sry I don't have a 7.2 Idm here to have a look, so please have a look in which table the groups of this reps are. I thing it might be sapCE72JAVAgroups or sapCE72JAVAjavagroups. Put this table name in front of FROM sapgroup so that the statement looks like this: (if the table name is sapCE72JAVAgroups)

SELECT distinct(sapgroup.dn), sapCE72JAVAroleAssign.roleassignments, sapgroup.cn

FROM sapCE72JAVAgroups sapgroup INNER JOIN sapCE72JAVAroleAssign

ON 'SPML.SAPGROUP.' || sapgroup.cn = sapCE72JAVAroleAssign.roleAssignments

BR,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph,

thank you very much for the input. I check the pass again and found out there is a repository constant named "BACKEND_REPOSITORYNAME" is not set correctly.

Previously I set it to empty and that's why you suggest the table name is empty. It turns out the value should be set to the repository name of the AD because this JAVA repository uses AD as the user data source.

Best Regards

Jack Xiong

Answers (0)