cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering Table Data while making Selection..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

How can I filter data from Table while using that table in Data Manager or from EP?

My requirement is, I have 10,000 records in table but need to display specific 2500 records to end user (for selection) . What is the way out.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You have 3 options here:

>Masks

>Named Searches

>Constraints

Masks - Static but Easy handling.

Namedsearches - Dynamic.sacalable.Preferably use drill down search based search.

Constraints - Very granular.Chances of error are high here if not maintained properly.

Any or a combination of the above should serve your purpose.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

If you want to display only few records in the UI then you can also put some filters in the Roles ,

In the constraints option for a particular role select the fileters and if the user is logged in via the same role then the values which are selected in the Constraints will be displayed and all the other values will be filtered out .

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to restrict access to end user, then that can indeed be done through Roles in Console only.

In the Admin node, you need to create new role and assign the required access to that role.

Then you can add the same role to users who require that particular access.

Now coming to the records, As explained by Neethu, it can be done in two ways:

1. Named Search - Go for it if the requirement is such that records for which access is given needs to be updated regularly.

You can open Data Manager and enter Search Criteria and save it as Named Search as it will dynamically update the result set if any newly created record meets the search criteria entered by you.

2. Masks - Go for Mask creation if you are pretty sure that number of records will not change over a period of time. Its result set will be static and will not get updated automatically if you add/remove any record from the tables.

So you can provide access to the corresponding Mask or Named Search in the above created role.

It will solve the problem. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prasad / Neethu / Ankush / Vignesh

Thanks all for valuable inputs.

But the named Search or Mask options are showing disabled whenever in DM I filter records in a particular Table.

Steps-

Select Table - Free Form Search - input for filter

Select all Filtered Records. (Right Click / Choose from Menu - in both options Names Search / Mask coming as disabled)

Please advice.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

For using Named search first you have to create Named Search in Named Search Table using DM.

1) In DM->select Current table Named Search->add Named Search

2) Now Select the current table as the table for which u want to set filter

3)set the search criteria (here u can use drill down or free form search both)

4)now as per the search criteria u will get filtered record->from toolbar select search->save as Named Search ->select the Named search u created.

4) go to console and set Named search for the specified Role.

Mask is also created same way but its static.

And Constraint is mostly used for Lookup table values.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

For creation of masks below are the steps

1. Login to Data manager

2. Select the current table as Masks and create Masks by Right clicking in record pane

3. then select the main table as current table, highlight the records R click and add the required records to the created Mask

4. Login to console, unload the repository and go to Roles under Admin node

5. Select the role and in the Tables and Fields tab under constraints select the created Mask for the Mask under Name column.

You can add the records to the mask by right clicking on the records in the records pane and selecting the Add to mask option from context menu.

Eg: if you have added 100 records, only those 100 records are displayed to the user(you can add, delete or replace the records from the created mask)

If you further want to add records to the Mask you will have to add it manually, also if a user who has the access only to the records in that created mask and has the authorization to delete the records in that mask, those records will be deleted for the repository aswell.same applies to Named search aswell.

Name search are also created in the same way but you will apply a filter criterian and then you will go to search in main menu and select the save named search option and select your created Named search. and then these can be assigned to the roles.

Unless you create Masks and Named searche they will not be available in the Roles table

Regards,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone for providing such valuable inputs.

But my issue is still not resolved, as the Data I wan to filter is not from Main Table, its from Lookup Tables.

Please advice how to filter records in Lookup / Tuple Tables.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Pls explain by means of example what you aim to achieve.

Also,where do you want to filter records.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

As said in the above posts for filtering the records in Lookup table you can use either of the following CONSTRAINTS, MASK or NAMED SEARCH.

For filtering records in Tuple you can use either Mask or Named search, for this you can the free form search to filter the records and then assign the filtered records to either Mask(static) or Named search(Dinamic) and inturn assigning the Mask or Named search to the users Role

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad / Ravi

Thanks for the inputs.

But the Mask / Named search options are used with Main Table Only.

While creating a Mast or Named Search only Main Table is appearing in the list.

Also, if I create a Mask / Named Search using a Mail table, it works with Main table only not with other type of tables.

My Requirement:

I need to filter records (a Sub Category / Master) stored in Lookup Table. (not in main table)

Please help!!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

My Requirement:

I need to filter records (a Sub Category / Master) stored in Lookup Table. (not in main table)

You can filter records based on Lookup tables using Constraints property in Roles Tables and Fields tab.

Eg: You have a lookup table called "Account Group" in which you have Values as below

1. 0001, Domestic

2. 0002, Foreign

Now you want a particular set of users to view only the Records for which the Account Group is "0001, Domestic". for this select the Role, go to Tables and fields Tab, and for the Account group sub Table select the Account group as "0001" in Constraints column and assing the role to a User.

In the same way you can also filter the records based on other sub tables.

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad.

But can't I use Mask / Named Search for this purpose.

Please advice.

As number of records in Tupple Table are too high.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use both Name search and Mask aswell.

When you use Name search, you will first provide a search criteria in the Free form search, say you have provided "0001" in Account group property under Free form search, and then you save the search as Name search, and assing the search to the Role, Now the users assigned to the Role to which the Name search is assigned will only see the records for which the account group is 0001.

since Named search is dynamic , next time when you create a record which has Account group as 0001, the record will be available to the user.

Mask can also be used for the same again you have to give a search criteria and then add the records to Mask, but next time if you create another record which fits the same criteria that record has to be manually added to the mask unlike Named search.

Rgds,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad.

But I have tired this, it works only with Main Tables, not with Lookup/Flat Table.

Mask / Named Search options does not get highlighted when I do not use Main Tables.

For Example -

My Main Tables are - Customer (which contains all Customer Master Data).

My Lookup Table is - Account Group - (which is another Master Table having only have 10 records)

I need to Mask the lookup table, 02 records I wan to omit from that master using Mask/Named Searched.

But whenever I 'm selecting any table other that my Customer Master (Main) - Mast / Named Searches does not get highlighted.

As told earlier also, I cannot create a Mask / Named Searches on any table other than my Customer Master (Main Table).

Please advice.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. DO NOT select the current table as Account group, doing so will disable the Named search and Mask options.

2. Instead Let the current table be "Main table" i.e Customers in your case.

3. In the search parameters pane(left hand side of screen, which is right below the main table) Drill down to Free form search. In the Free form search for the Account groups Property provide input as 0001 for the value column.

4. or select the Account groups property directly under the search parameter pane and select the Account group "0001"

5. Save this search as Named search or after you have run the search select all the records in the records pane and assing to mask by richt clicking.

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Got it now.

I was doing wrongly for past few days. Thanks again for the help.

Just a small query, I'm getting runtime error on portal (EP), when i'm using named searches/ masks or constraints.

Is there any specific reason?

Removing those, it works fine.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Any advice on this.

In MDM (DM) - putting constraints - its work properly.

When used the same from EP, its giving runtime error, and if I remove "constraints" from table is works fine.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashantroy,

You can do this in two ways:

Named Search

Mask

If you have certain conditions (Search criteria) based on which you want to filter records then go for Named Search.

Create a Named Search in DM->Enter the search criteria in Data Manager for the table ->Add the filtered records to Named Search->Login to Console->Role table->Select the Role for which you want to set the criteria->Table and fields tab for that particular Role->select the Named Search.

Process for Mask is also the same.

Now advantage of Named search over mask is named search is dynamic i.e. whenever a new record is added in the table and if it fulfils the search condition it will automaticaly be included in Named search and end user can view that record also.

Whereas Mask is static you have to always go to Data Manager and add the new record to mask.

For more details go through MDM Reference guide.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

You can use the mask functionality in MDM Create a Mask and assign those 2500 records to that mask and can provide the access to the users only for that mask

In the Roles table under admin node select the Role and go to tables and fields tab and for Mask assign the mask created and then assign the users to the mask

regards,

Edited by: Prasad Tuttagunta on Feb 14, 2012 6:23 AM

Edited by: Prasad Tuttagunta on Feb 14, 2012 7:24 AM