cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR content for PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am working on interface where I need to use SAP Standard Message type (PurchaseOrderRequest ). I have imported ESR content in PI to get Message type . And I have created custom inbound interface with standard Message type.

I have imported following component in ESR

SRM SERVER 7.02

Do I need to import corresponding ABAP component (SRM SERVER 7.02) in ECC for my custom interface to work????

or I can just generate the proxy for custom interface and do the implementation.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Do I need to import corresponding ABAP component (SRM SERVER 7.02) in ECC for my custom interface to work????

or I can just generate the proxy for custom interface and do the implementation.

if you want to use a custom service interface you can do it from your custom SWCV

the standard one is already generated so you don't need to do it

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

My standard message type has so many mandatory parameter which my custom interface doesn't need that.

But proxy is failing because i m not passing some mandatory parameter.

Why it is validating mandatory field even though I am using custom interface. Is there any way to avoid this?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Why it is validating mandatory field even though I am using custom interface. Is there any way to avoid this?

if you use SAP predefined message type (data type) then there is no way to avoid that - unless you put spaces and zeros...

if you don't need all that you can just create your own data type with only a few fields and service interface from it and just call the same BAPI which SAP is calling in the standard proxy

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (0)