cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Show Who Checked Out Proj Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a document is Checked Out on the Proj Documentation tab, is there a field to query and report on to show who Checked Out the document?

Also in cases when the person authorized to check out the doc hands the document to an editor, is there a field to populate with the editors name to query and report on.

We are using Solman 7.0 Implementation Project and preparing for 7.1.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to report or query on who has documents checked out, without having to go to each document to see the pop up message or to click into the comments as we do today. Here are scenarios: manager wants to report who has documents checked out before individuals go on vacation so the docs are checked back in and available, or an individual has checked out docs on behalf of multiple editors and wants a list of those docs. Thank you for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

run solar_eval for documentation and look at the columns "document checked-out" and "last changed by".

kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your steps worked perfectly. Thank you.

When the document is Checked Out , the Attributes are locked and the History shows the Last Changed By as another person. But querying on Last Changed By in Solar_Eval does indeed pick up the person who has the document Checked Out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Great!!!!

When you first described I understood differently.

kind regards, Fabricius

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

When trying to edit or access the document's attributes, a popup window should appear saying:

"The document is locked by user xyz The document is opened in display mode ".

Regarding the cases in which the document is handled to another person, there is no way to edit the document or assign anything to it during the check out time. Maybe the responsible person responsible could add this information before checking out the document. I would suggest to open the document's attributes and add a comment to the "comment" tab.

Once the document is checked out, it is totally locked for changes, so I believe this is the easy option.

kind regards, Fabricius