cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Deployment of Demand from Forecast

william_getz
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are using SCM 5.1 with CTM and deployment. The business would like deployment to only convert STRs to STOs, when the demand the STR is fulfilling is from Sales Orders or Safety Stock for C category items. If the demand is forecast at the shipping plant (DC) the STR should not be converted to an STO. A and B category items should be deployed to forecast. A complication is that a production plant could hold inventory of the C items, instead of transferring to a DC, so there will be quantities available to deploy for forecasted demand.

Currently, our method is to restrict how early CTM can solve for C item forecast demand (there is a CTM run just for C item forecast with a max early of 2 days). This along with deleting forecast doesnu2019t allow for a STR created by forecast to come into the Stock Transfer or Deployment horizon. The issue is that this makes most of the forecast demand solve late, which with our business rules requires the planner to review and pushes the capacity allocation to be in the following month. The periods are different because C items forecast are small and therefore posted to the end of the month. Letting CTM solve earlier (it used to be 30 days) allows for production to be smoother, but it allows STR fulfilling forecast demand rolls into the deployment and stock transfer horizon.

Please let me know if there are any ways to achieve an automated way of getting deployment to work in this method.

William

Points will be awarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not a CTM expert, but it seems like this issue could potentially be resolved by creating separate data view which does not include forecast. Then, run deployment for C items on the other data view while still using your "main" data view for all other background processing.

I could be missing the point but oftentimes creating separate data views is the best way to achieve disjunctive functionality. This is assuming you have some selection profile you can create which contains only the C items you mentioned above (and not A and B). If not I'd suggest utilizing freely definable attributes to achieve this (freely definable attributes auto-populate selection criteria).