cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saprouter fails with faulting application error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our saprouter fails regularly at the top of the hour at 16:00, 17:00 and 18:00. It's like something is running that's killing it.

Get the following error -

Faulting application name: saprouter.exe, version: 7100.201.17.47443, time stamp: 0x4bfae3ce

Faulting module name: saprouter.exe, version: 7100.201.17.47443, time stamp: 0x4bfae3ce

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000c1f3

Faulting process id: 0xb84

Faulting application start time: 0x01cce922698a3d84

Faulting application path: d:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe

Faulting module path: d:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe

Report Id: ee05b50f-55d5-11e1-a40f-005056ae7028

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem seems to have been the windows error reporting service. For some reason it kept starting at 4, 5, and 6pm and the saprouter would fail right after that. We disabled this service and our saprouter service kept running and has not failed.

Thanks,

Daniel

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can update the file saprouter.exe to the latest patch . Download SAPEXE.SAR from latest kernel, uncar it, you will get latest SAPROUTER.exe , with the latest file , almost all such crashing issues will be resolved . Also check for any firewall/anti virus blocks , memory issues etc .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

1). Check in the EventVwr for more error logs.

2). If you have AntiVirus, please disable it and run again.

3). Try to run in background using the command 😧
usr\sap\saprouter> saprouter -r &

4). Check for Firewall and try to disable it.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions. I have it running in the background and have started a trace. Will wait until 16:00 when it fails maybe the trace will tell me something.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos

Please check if antivirus is causing the issue . Try disabling temporarily and then see the results or

Review and if applicable apply note 684106 - Microsoft runtime DLLs update the dlls from the note and reboot Windows

If that doesn't work then please check if you can install the most recent version of saprouter.exe for your release and test.

Some of the Notes may be helpful

#1486956 SAProuter crashes with segmentation fault and core

#799428 Downloading SAProuter and/or niping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They won't let us turn off the virus scan.

I ran a trace and am getting a connection refused from the other saprouter. We're using 2 different ports and I think that may be the issue. During normal start of the service it uses the correct port but for some reason at 4, 5, and 6pm it trys to connect using the wrong port. So, I'm going to use 3299 accross the board and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're now thinking it's the windows error service. It's starting just before the sapqouter service fails. When we start it manually it doesn't cause the failure but something is automictally starting it. We're waiting for a reoccurrence.

Thanks,

Dan