cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of the network profile when copying a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

It's possible to change the network profile when copying a project?

We are using a complete Project as a template. We now have created a huge project template with a lot of relationships. Now we want to create a new template out of the first project template for another subsidary. But then we have to change the network profile. Somebody has a clue how to solve this problem?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I managed to prototype your scenario successfully. Please follow below steps and let me know if there is any issue:

1. Create new project by copying old project without any network or activities. You can disable this in selection while copying old project.

2. Change network profile as required in new project and save it

3. Create network in new project by copying old project networks using Right Click on WBS>Create>Copy network function in CJ20N.

The new network will have new network profile and parameters. Hope this helps

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

many many thanks

I will try this as soon as I have access to the operative system again. I will let you now if your idea has solved our problem. But I think that all relationships will be lost,or am I wrong

Thanks again

Edited by: Jimsonweet on Feb 14, 2012 8:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think relationships wont be lost - When you copy network all dependent objects like activity, material, relationships should get copied.

Only issue may be mapping of activities to correct WBS.

Regards

Shrikant

Edited by: Shrikant Rakate on Feb 14, 2012 1:19 PM

Edited by: Shrikant Rakate on Feb 14, 2012 1:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

But again..

how should SAP know about a network what isn't even created?

when I have 2 networks which are connected and copy them seperatly in a new project, the relationships will be lost or how should SAP solve that issue?

Best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, inter-network relationships is an issue. I was talking about relationships within a network.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah..

I've tried now your approach and in fact I'm loosing all inter-relationships and the WBS assignment. But I save myself the work of creating all networks and activities. But I've to rework the whole relatioinships and assignments if nobody out there has another solution

best regards

Jim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Network Profile inherits from the Project Template from which you are copying , hence not possible to change.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your fast reply.

According to your answer I would need to create for every subsidiary my own template without having the possibility to obtain the benefits of the already existing networks. That would mean huge work for us

many thanks again for your answer