cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot log on (CUA System assignment missing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are in the middle of CRM upgrade. We upgraded couple of test (CRS) and Dev (CRD) server. We are creating both CRD/CRS in the Solution manager system landscape using tcode SMSY as the satellite servers. Connectivity between satellite server CRD and solution manager server SMP (also in CRD and SMP) has been successfully created.

While checking the Authorization test in Sateliite server (CRD/CRS) for RFC "SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK", we are getting the following error:

"You cannot log on (CUA System assignment missing)"

All other RFC created by SMSY is working fine.

To Fix this problem, i tried to repeat same process again. I was able to delete following RFC's using "clean-up RFC" function of SMSy tcode.

- SM_CRDCRMCLNT050_READ

- SM_CRDCRMCLNT050_TMW

- SM_CRDCRMCLNT050_TRUSTED

and in satellite server (CRD), i deleted following RFC's manually:

- SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK

- SM_SMPCLNT050_TRUSTED

Now, when i checked the RFC destination in SMSY of solution manager server, it is still showing me RFC "SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK". But it is not there in the satellite server as i had deleted it manually. To verify it, I checked table RFCDES in satellite server and "SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK" RFC is not there in table.

I again re-generated RFC's in SMSY of solution manager server, but got the same error ""You cannot log on (CUA System assignment missing)" for SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK.

So we are getting two problem for same process:

- You cannot log on (CUA System assignment missing)

- I deleted RFC " SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK" manually in the satellite server but SMSY still showing it in "Clean up RFC windows".

Not sure if both problems are related to each other. Pls guide to solve these issue's.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

basis_citec
Explorer
0 Kudos

I got a similar error after database copy.

• The copy was  from source  system which was as CUA central system.
  • The problem user never had any roles assigned in the CUA central system.    ( e.g. USR02-ZBVMASTER='X' )
  • After database copy, roles were assigned to user, however USR02-ZBVMASTER='X' flag was not updated.
  • I worked around the issue by updating  from: USR02-ZBVMASTER='X' to: USR02-ZBVMASTER=' ' via  database sql.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Send the details to me on sunny.patwari@gmail,com.

Anyways,

Try to regenrate the RFCs from SOLMAN system and when it ask for the RFC user, assign a user with RFC authorization specially with s_rfcacl authorization. Confirm this with security team. Even SAP_ALL dont have this authorization.

This profile is applicable to users in SOLMAN and managed system both.

After regenerating the RFCs, assign the RFC destinations in SMSY.

This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check if your SOLMAN system is managed by CUA.

Check if the user ID you are using in the SM_<SID>CLNT<CLIENT>_BACK has proper authorization in SOLMAN system.

Try to give the user ID which has all RFC authorization in SOLMAN system, may be use SOLMAN_ADMIN user itself.

Regards,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny

Your suggestion help me to fix one problem. "You cannot log on (CUA System assignment missing)" problem is fixed.

Authorization in SOLMAN system was missing for user ID that is being used in the "SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK" of the satellite server. There was no authorization profile assigned to User. This is strange.

Process (SMSY) should have created user ID and assigned required authorization profile to the User ID but it did not happened properly.User ID was created but no auth profile was assigned.

I'm facing the same problem is other server also. User ID has been created but auth profiles are missing for user ID that is being used in "SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK" of the satelliet system.

Our SOLMAN server (SMP) is the CUA Central System. Do i ned to check anything in SOLMAN server for CUA?

Following detail could be one another reason for the missing authorization profile in User ID:

- To solve the problem of "You cannot log on (CUA System assignment missing)" , i deleted following RFC's using "clean-up RFC" function of SMSy tcode.

- SM_ERDECCCLNT050_READ

- SM_ERDECCCCLNT050_TMW

- SM_ERDECCCLNT050_TRUSTED

and in satellite server (ERD), i deleted following RFC's manually:

- SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK

- SM_SMPCLNT050_TRUSTED

but "SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK" was still showing in the RFC destination in SMSY of solution manager server. In 'generate RFC destinations'. I re-generated and process created "SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK" in SM59 of ERD and user ID for this RFC has been created in SOLMAN server without adding any auth profile.

Not sure, if this is the reason. I opened oss message three days ago but still waiting for reply.

- I'm using my account to generate RFC and i think (as told by security team) that i have all authorization in both server required to generate RFC. I may need to add some more authorization.

Could you pls suggest to fix the problem of "SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK". i would like to know why this RFC is still showing in SMSY even after deleting it manully in SM59 of ERD server.

is it possible if i send you the screenshot of document that i send it to oss for your suggestion. can i hav eyour mail ID?

Thanks a lot for your help again..

Amar

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may refer to the section '2.3.13 MANAGED.ABAP.RFC : RFC System User' of the 'Root Cause Analysis - User Administration Guide' to fix this issue. The document can be found at:

- http://service.sap.com/diagnostics

- Media Library

In case of CUA enviroment (I think that it is your case), this user must be created manually in the CUA system. Please make sure that this user is created and that it has all the required authorizations.

This should solve your problem.

Let us know.

Kind Regards

Allam Drebes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Allam

I tried but it did not worked. It did not solved CUA and neither i was able to find the "SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK" in satellite server (as i mentioned earlier, i deleted this RFC manually but still showing in the RFC destination in SMSY of solution manager server.

I did the same exercise between two another server. SMP is Solution manager server and ERD is ECC server (ERD is not part of CUA). I got the same error of ""You cannot log on (CUA System assignment missing)" for RFC "SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK" in satellite server. I deleted RFC's using "clean-up RFC" function of SMSY of solution manager server and manually deleted the

"SM_SMPCLNT050_BACK" and "SM_SMPCLNT050_TRUSTED". Then re-generated all RFC using SMSY but no luck yet.

Any advice to fix this problem. ERD is not the part of CUA and SMP is the the CUA Central System.

Thanks