Did you mean: 

Link SAP PI 7.3 to SolMan 7.1 - error during managed system configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I installed my diagnostics agent twice with different options:

- Direct P4 connection via Java EE Dispatcher Node with port 5xx04

- P4 connection via SCS message server with port 81xx

In both cases I get an error during the managed system configuration of SAP PI 7.3: Remote error : Connection to P4 port of managed system failed.

I'm a bit confused with the step Enter System Parameters. In the Java parameters section, I can only enter port 39xx. if not, I get an error.

Also, I marked and unmarked the option concerning the ABAP user store, but the error persists.

Please advice.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

allam_drebes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check SAP KBA 1678469, this document explains how to correct this issue.

You have to ensure that the correct HTTP port of the JAVA message server is correct in the step 'Enter System Parameters'.

In the step 'Enter System Parameters', you have to provide the following information:

Message Server Port: 39<XX>

Message Server HTTP Port: 81<XX>

Where XX is the instance number.

Probably, the HTTP port of the message server is wrong or not provided.

During the installation of the SMDAgent you need to choose the connection type that the SMDAgent will use to the Solution Manager system. The error that you are getting is with the connection to the managed system, so it is not necessary to reinstall the agent in your case.

BR,

Allam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allam,

Are you sure about the Knowledge Base Article? 1678469 does not exist.

Can you check again?

Thanks.

allam_drebes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The KBA number is correct 1678469.

The KBA was not released, it is released now.

Check if you can access the document now.

BR,

Allam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To find out the port numbers, navigate to the following path in your PI system's OS level:

../usr/sap/<SID>/SCS.../work

Here open up dev_ms file. You would find the message server internal port 39xx and the message server HTTP port 81xx.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allam,

I checked the KBA and I think now, I have the correct HTTP port.

The error I now get is S:CL_DIAGSTP_MESSAGE:483

When I take the next step, Configure Automatically, I get this error during the Byte Code Adapter Installation phase when I open the Java URL stated in the navigation column:

DIAG_WILY_MSG:157:S - com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.VMManagerP4Exception: com.sap.smdagent.plugins.connectors.p4.exceptions.P4AuthorizationException: Access is denied to SAP System sid: check the connection credentials.More details about the error in agent 'sappi' log file (SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Error during authentication. For more information see the remote server traces.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like the user credentials you provided in the 'Enter System Parameters' step is not having enough authorizations.

Could you try with an Administrator user like 'Administrator' or 'j2ee_admin'. Provide this user's credentials in the 'Enter system parameters' step and then retry the steps.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

I use the J2EE_ADMIN user, but the error remains.

Kind regards.

chris_johnson3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

We fixed our issue with Note 1647157. If you create the spml full access role in the java side, and give it the user you are connecting to it with. It should fix your issue.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The note your suggested indeed fixed the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Dimitri

Answers (0)