cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get current portal role that user selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

My WebDynpro application is available from numerous portal roles/tabs. The WebDynpro application needs to know at runtime, which role the user is currently positioned on. I see many WebDynpro examples of how to retrieve ALL roles of a user. This technique is not what I need. Inside the WebDynpro application, I need to know which one, specific role that the user is positioned on in the portal when the application is invoked.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Check /thread/52194 [original link is broken]

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Maksim,

I will try this coding approach:

NavigationEventsHelperService navHelperService =

(NavigationEventsHelperService)PortalRuntime.getRuntimeResources().getService(NavigationEventsHelperService.KEY);

INavigationNode navNode = navHelperService.getNavNodesListForPath(request, "NavUnderEntryPoint").get(0);

String title = navNode.getTitle(request.getLocale());

I'm having difficulty determining JARs needed for this. I've found all, except the JAR needed for INavigationNode.

In what JAR is INavigationNode?

Thanks,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

These are the jar files:.

com.sap.portal.navigation.serviceapi.jar

Go through /thread/54960 [original link is broken] forum post for the plugins you can install on NWDS or eclipse to locate jar files.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

I am also writing an application that will need to know which role it was clicked on. I am getting a runtime error "NoClassDefFound" exception. Can you tell me what you put in the sharing reference? Did you have to any references in the servicereference too?

Thanks

Raj Balakrishnan

Message was edited by: Selvaraj Balakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is "request" in your code? How can I get it ?

Answers (0)