Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade process -merge mode active - all authorization data apears as OLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a question about executing - su25 , in the upgrade process (to ehp5).

When I start the process 2c , this brings the list of rolls to be upgraded, in some cases all the values under the authorization data appeear as OLD and yet the merge mode is still active.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation and/or know how such cases should be treated?

Thanks.

Regards, Julia.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the roles which have Standard Auth objects will be impacted and will call for merge, either you go with the standard proposals or you reinstate custom proposals.

If I would have been in your place, then I would have been more than glad to see such scenarios...this means the roles were build in accordance to SAP Best practices and you have to bother about many open nodes that would have popped out because of the upgrade.

Don't worry, just go ahead with your upgrade and keep generating such roles.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julia,

If you have clicked on the merge mode and there you see the values under the authorization data , as OLD then there is nothing to worry about. As Deb had already mentioned the roles seem to be bult according to SAP Best Practice.

But, if you have accessed the authorization data through any other mode, and there you see all the values as old, then the new values for Standard Auth objects are not yet synced from the tables USOBX_C & USOBT_C. You need to click on the merge mode to verify this.

Regards,

Dipesh.

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Possibilities is that those roles menu are part of upgrade impacted transaction but the authorization was maintained exactly the same way as it is now after upgrade.

Or due to impacted transaction in those role menu some authorization get removed from the role only, in that case also will not get any new object.

Regards,

Arpan Paik