cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollin horizon in macros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a macro called in interactive planning book defined as following: (with Current week = W)

Step 1 on past horizon (until week W - 1)

Step 2 on futur horizon (from week W to week W+150)

Step 3 from week W to week W+7

with processing area settings: user defined and "automatic column adjustment from - column" selected

Step 4 on week W

I want it working with rolling horizon but each week, the number of buckets decreases for the step 3 instead of being always the seven frst weeks.

What is wrong in my setting?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ada,

I have already read this note. I was expecting another solution but indeed I will do that way with macro function ITERATION_COUNTER as explained in the oss note 674239.

I tried to do so but it doesn't work properly.

Could someone explain me how to deal with this macro function, which "code" to do?

Thank you

Sophie

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

Column adjustment from/to are applicable only when the number of buckets in your planning view are expected to keep on changing when you run the macro every month (or whatever frequency). I hope that is not the case for you, so these fields should not be relevant.

Still, did you already try taking out the indicator for "column adjustment from" ? (In case your planning view has changing number of columns in the past depending on when you run the macro)

If this still doesn't work, I would recommend to approach SAP, as this looks like some kind of bug to me. Rolling horizon is inbuilt basic SAP APO functionality. If you have issues with this basic functionality, I don't think you can live with it. At least I would have approached SAP, if I couldn't locate an OSS note myself.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pawan,

thank you for your answer.

But endeed I aleready checked macros, regenerated it and each week, the number of buckets in step 3 decreases... I want calculation done same way for each bucket on a time period of 8 buckets. First week is always the current week and last week should be current week + 7.

I'm using SCM 5.0

Is is an other way to do so?

Thank you

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

I am also on SCM 5.0, and don't face any issue like what you mentioned.

What past horizon did you maintain in the planning view definition? May be that could have something to do with your issue.

Try taking out the "from" indicator as well, and then see the results.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

I don't think there is any issue with your setting in step 3. It is supposed to work fine this way.

You must be seeing "Iterations" as "8" in your step 3 as you are doing some calculation for current week + you do more calculations for the next 7 weeks.

Try the check tool for the macro in the macro book, and then regenerate it.

PS: I hope you are not making any mistake in checking the calculations done by the overall macro. Sometimes, one can get confused with the same, and think that some step is not working correctly.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ada,

thank your for your answer.

When I want to save the modification that select "automatic column adujstment to-column", I have the following warning "Settings for autom. column adjustment have been adapted - Message no. /SAPAPO/MA119" and ended this option couldn't be selected.

What should I do to answer my need?

Best regards.

Sophie

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sophie,

Have you checked both 'column-from' and 'column-to' check boxes?

If in this case you get /sapapo/ma119 and cannot save the setting, please check whether sap note 674239 helps here.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if week W+7 isn't the last bucket of horizon?

The last bucket of futur horizon is week W+150.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. In the scenario like step 3, auto adjust of from-column means the start column will be rolled according to time pass. Auto adjust of to-column means that you'll keep the number of buckets and make the to-column be adjusted according to the from-column. If you do not set auto adjust of to-column, the to-column will be fixed, but from-column will be adjusted, so the number of periods will get decreased ...

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you tried by selecting both From & To indicator in Automatic Column adjustment ? I hope this should work

Br,

Valavan.B

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you should also have "automatic column adjustment to - column" set.

Best Regards,

Ada