Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve data from Non-SAP(windows) to SAP-R3(windows) Appli Server

SatyaGade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a requirement that need to get a file from Windows Application server (Non-SAP System) to SAP-R3 system and I need to delete the file from the Non SAP system,this is frequently used by the user.I checked by using RFC functionmodules and IDOC's but these are not suitable for my requirement.Please suggest me if any other function module's or any other way's to fulfill the requirement.

Thanks,

Satya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

If i understood your requirement properly, your requirement is to download the data to a Local drive from SAP and then upload the same file to SAP application server and later delete the file from Local drive.

In this case you can write a program to download the file to local drive using GUI_DOWNLOAD FM and then upload the same file to SAP using GUI_UPLOAD. Now the file is in internal table of your program now use READ DATASET and TRANSFER statements to write the file data to the SAP Application server or you can also use "ARCHIVFILE_CLIENT_TO_SERVER" FM to transfer file from Windows local drive to the SAP Application server.

once all are done use

cl_gui_frontend_services->delete_file method to delete the file from the local drive.

Please let me know for more details.

Regards,

Praveenkumar T.

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use function group EPSF, here

fm EPS_DELETE_FILE

grx

Andreas

SatyaGade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for answering.

But in requirement need to connect to the Non-SAP(windows) system from SAP(windows) system.I need to place the file in windows applicationserver of Non-SAP system through one program.Using another program I need to read the file from Windows application server(Non-SAP System) in to the SAP Application server .For deleting the Function module suggested is useful but for connecting any function module...???Please help me.

Thanks,Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Here is a couple of function modules that will be useful for your requirement.

For transfer of file from windows Application Server to SAP, use the FM ARCHIVFILE_CLIENT_TO_SERVER

and for the reverse, use FM, ARCHIVFILE_SERVER_TO_CLIENT

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Vivek.