cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport-Cockpit: No authorization for using the vehicle-resource

0 Kudos

Hi everyone

In my planning profile I determined a sprinter as vehicle resource. As soon as I start the Transport Cockpit the freight orders appear, indeed, but TM claims that there's no authorization for my sprinter. The sprinter does not appear in the frame "resource". Selecting this vehicle manually TM post the message: vehicle not found. As far as I can estimate my master data are correct assigned.

Does anyone of you has been confronted with this problem?

Thank's for your help.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

now I found out, that the mistake is based on the transportation lanes I forgot to verify. Thank you for your help.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Can you please go back to your vehicle resource and check the means of transport assigned???

What i mean is did you defined this means of transport as schedule MTR???

If yes, That indicates that this Mtr should only be used in a schedule and not as active vehicle resource

Either remove the schedule flag of this Mtr or use it in a schedule,than it should be usable in the transportation cockpit on the schedule tab. If you had defined the schedule tab under your capacity selection settings

Regards

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

You were right, on MTR I set a flag for schedule MTR 0001 (lorry) and for 0004 (sprinter) not. Now I combined a reasonable schedule which is conform with the relation in my freight order. I determined in my planning profile this schedule, in addition to the restriction that I only want to dispatch this particular sprinter. Transport Cockpit now doesn't claim it any more - no error message appears. That's absolutely great! BUT: TM should now see from my planning profile which vehicle I want to dispatch. TM, however, doesn't propose any vehicle, neither MTR 0001 nor 0004.

So I did the following: I deleted schedule on MTR 0001 and 0004 and removed this schedule instruction in my planning profile. Now TM notices again, that there is no authorization, although my sprinter is not connection with a schedule any more.

Do you have an idea, why TM doesn't work correctly in the first case, although no claim appears?

Did I overlook a flag or something else, why TM still blusters, when I try it without schedule?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

TM should now see from my planning profile which vehicle I want to dispatch.

Do you have an idea, why TM doesn't work correctly in the first case, although no claim appears?

Were you still searching in vehicles??? or Schedules??? in cockpit

Did you change your capacity selection profile...Schedules

with atttibute SCH_ID= your vehicle name sprinter(press F4 and select it from the available options)

For case 2

Now when you say

I deleted schedule on MTR 0001 and 0004 and removed this schedule instruction in my planning profile

You have also added vehicle attribute that exists b4???

Also can you please check the naming convention, is it exactly the same....no small letters and captials are used right???

Regards

Vinod

Edited by: Vinod Kumar Pedapati on Feb 15, 2012 5:55 AM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you explain how you created the vehicle resource (and where you have it assigned to other objects)?

Do you have a planning profile specified in your Transportation Cockpit profile?

Also, what is a sprinter?

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Feb 13, 2012 2:00 PM

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Feb 13, 2012 2:01 PM

0 Kudos

Hello Mike

I created the vehicle under Master Data / Resources / Define Resource.

Resource Category: T

Time Zone: CET

Means of Transport: 4 (the same number as I choosed in the freight order)

Planning Parameters: Finite Scheduling

Owner: the carrier of my freight order

Auth. Resource: the same carrier above mentioned

Template: Resource Template, Means of Transport: 4

Resource Validity: 1.1.1970 to 31.12.9999

Physical Properties: Mass = 1.000 kg, Volume = 4,5 m3

Time-cont. Capacity = 3 Pal (it does not make sense but I have not opportunity to change this value)

The other fields don't have any values.

In the forwarding order or rather freight order I determined the vehicle which is suitable to the selected carrier. I assume that there is a connection between the error message and the planning profile. I define in my planning profile the sprinter as vehicle:

Planning Profile / Capacity

VEHICLERES_ID inclusive = [and my vehicle]

I tried, too:

OWNER inclusive = [and my carrier]

What Transportation Cockpit is doing now, is EXCLUDING exact that vehicle (or rather carrier) I want to dispatch. It seems to work vice versa.

A sprinter is just another name for a small bus. I linked you to a photo of mercedes. Sprinter or long truck - regardless of which of them I use: the error remains.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

[https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_Sprinter]

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

What version of TM are you using (and which SP)?

I cannot find Planning Parameter or Finite Scheduling in the Planning Profile. Can you provide some more detail on where this value/input is located?

Regards,

Mike

Nevermind. You were in the Resources, not planning profile.

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Feb 14, 2012 2:16 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

exactly, I was in the Resources.

Best regards,

Michael