cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosis Group in Demand Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the use of Diagnosis group in Master Forecast Profile ?

Thanks,

Debi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Generally speaking, a Diagnosis group is used to control how much error could you endure/accept during forecast.

You specify an upper limit for each kind of forecast error. During forecast calculation, if one of the calculated forecast errors value exceeds the upper limit you specified, the forecast will not be generated (saved), and you can get an alert if you want (by specifying "Alerts, if forecast cannot be made" in the Diagnosis group).

If you do not specify a Diagnosis group, the forecast is always saved, no matter how high the errors are.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Sorry I was scavenging these fields a while ago so tempted to continue this rather than start something new.

You mentioned forecast will NOT be saved when the forecast error is higher than what is set in the diagnosis group and an alert will be issue IF I want one.

So does this mean

- If forecast is carried out in the background where all those check boxes are checked in the background activity, forecast is still not saved ?

- If Alerts, if forecast is not saved is NOT checked but I have a diagnosis group defined, I will not see any alerts in the alert monitor ?

Sorry I was just looking for a reassurance.

Thanks

BS 

Former Member
0 Kudos