Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give Equipment to hire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Greetings,

The requirement like this.

I want to give my equipment to my customers on hire basis and charged based on time period (monthly basis).

How can i map this scenario using Plant maintenance module.

Thanks & regards

R.D.I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Reddiy,

For this scenario I would look into the following:

- creating Functional Locations to match your customer locations and using the equipment installation/deinstallation functionality to keep track & history of the leases

- activating Partner functionality for the technical objects and using a partner role e.g. Ship-to Party for linking with a Customer record

- using a Status profile for Equipments to further keep track of hire data

- Creating sales orders for the hire manually via SD or looking into resource-related billing functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian greetings,

creating Functional Locations to match your customer locations and using the equipment installation/deinstallation functionality to keep track & history of the leases

In the above suggestion, i have a query that all my customer locations/project sites are created as plants by material management.in that case can i use this installationn/deinstallationfunctionality?

becoz while creating maintenance or service on the equipment i have to give maintenance plant?

Can u lighten me in this regard.

Thanks

R.D.I

former_member385375
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings

Let MM use multiple plant for their own requirement. I would suggest you to create one plant in the name of your organisation (or head office) & create functional location for each sites under one plant only & install/dismatle all your equipments here. further you can track your usage details in report IH08. For billing you can develop a Z report (rate multiplied by no of Hr utilised). Further you can aslo explore the feature of activity pricing (create activity types for each similar types of equipments whose rates are equal) & assign to work centers. again this work center to order operation for usage & cost it.

shakti

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Reddiy,

You can choose to install & dismantle an Equipment in Functional Locations that belong to various Maintenance Plants; However, before each installation you will need to manually change the Maintenance Plant of the Equipment to match that of the target installation Fuctional Location.

As for installing the Equipments in various Plants and then maintaining them, you must consider your maintenance business process.

Ask yourself, among other things:

- Who plans and maintains the activities for the Equipments when they are in a particular location - is it a plant specific team, or rather a service department that services all the plants?

- What work centres are involved?

- How are material components reserved and used? Plants may have different material pricing etc.

peter_kamenik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will probably not be able to do this directly from PM. However equipment can be directly linked to an asset or to a material master (thru serial number). I would aim the process this way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Peter,

Thank you for your soon reply.

Any inputs on this.How can we map this scenario without considering CS(Customer service).