cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery has more number of serial numbers than the delivery quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a defect for the delivery document. Delivery document has more number of serial numbers than the delivery quantity.

System is accepting extra serial numbers than the delivery quantity.

Example - delivery quantity has 10 numbers for which system has to generate 10 serial numbers but instead its generating 11 serial numbers or more

Looking forward for any help...

Regards

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check if you have enabled any of material determination , free goods, billl of materials etc, which gives u an additional quantity of material for every 10 quantities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

The materials are normal materials, they don't have any material determination or any thing.

The actual thing is the delivery is updated with the FM- WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2 via I-doc which updates the delivery with picking and the serial numbers equal to delivery quantity. But due to some issue the serial numbers are greater than the delivery quantity when updated .

Regards

Sri

0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I think this has more to do with the Idoc than the delivery document. Please verify the segments - quantity and serial numbers - in the Idoc. The Idoc may be sent with more serial numbers than required.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Yes it is the I-DOC message type 856 which is updating the delivery with picking and serial numbers. but that's based on the details sent by the delivery document I-DOC 940 to receiving partner. So the 940 EDI has the details of the delivery header and item details. Based on these details they will update the delivery with 856 message type.

The FM *WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2* is accepting all the data without any validation/check.

There has to be some check for the 856 message which updates the delivery with valid delivery details.

If you have any info on the above plz update...

Regards

Sri