Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to SFTP Server

saravanan_a
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am getting below error message in receiver communication channel monitoring

java.lang.Exception: Cannot connect to SFTP server. : com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: ProxyHTTP: java.io.IOException: proxy error: Forbidden: java.io.IOException: proxy error: Forbidden (Software version: 3.0.17)

Delivering to application XXXXX failed.due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: javax.resource.ResourceException: java.lang.Exception: Cannot connect to SFTP server.

Can you please suggest me reason for this error message.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was facing the same issue, and figured out the root cause and wanted to share in the forum for reference.

When you use Advantco SFTP adapter and use a Proxy to connect to SFTP server,

1. Check if the SFTP server host name is resolving to any different IP address.

Temporary Fix:

Use the resolving IP address instead of Host Name in the Channel.

Perm Fix:

Adjust the rules in Proxy server to clear the cache in proxy server to get the host name resolved to correct IP address.

Regards

Praveen K

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am suffering from exactly the same error message. I made a "Remote Desktop" connection to our PI server. I tried an sftp  client named WinSCP. It can connect to the sftp server. But my receiver communication channel cannot connect to that sftp host.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

If you configured any proxy settings in channel Check the proxy server details.

Thanks,

Satish.

0 Kudos

Hi,

We dont use any proxy server. I can connect by using WinSCP sftp client tool installed on PI server.

BR

ONavas
Participant
0 Kudos

if you are using authetication based on certificates, you need to install into keystore in PI and select in your sftp adapter.

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

which type of receiver CC adapter you are using?

as the message saying Forbidden, is it possible to connect from pi server, at command prompt level or with other tools to the target sever

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any inputs on below issue.

Regards,

Ramesh