cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with PDF Actions in SAP MII 12.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I'm trying to generate PDF documentation work in 12.2 version of MII. Below are the steps followed as per note 1325997

I've downloaded the PDF Actions files:

Downloaded the iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar files.

Custom action updated with PDFActions.jar as the assembly .jar file, and iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar as the dependency .jar files and Deployed the custom action.

Workbench does show up with PDF action blocks like PDF Document, PDF Table...etc but seems to be an issue as these do not look like the standard actions with no icons attached to them.

I've tried to create a new transaction and include any actions to the sequence, but no luck as it doesn't assigns the PDF action

i've downloaded iText.Jar and iTeaxtAsian.jar files from iTEXT website. please inform if exact version i-e 1.4.5 files

are available on SAP downloads (if any).

Is anything missing..?

Appreciate any efforts.....

Regards,

Zaigham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zaigham

I think the issue is that you are using a newer version of iText jars. The latest version of the iText jars have some changes which does not work with the MII PDF Actions. Please download the older iText jars i.e. 1.4.5 version.

Please let me know if this works.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Partha, can you please provide me the link for 1.4.5 version of both files(iText.Jar and iTextAsian.jar).

Firoz_Ashraf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zaigham,

Follow the steps as mentioned below.

1. Download PDFActions.jar as per SAP Note 1109054.

2. Download iText 1.4.5 from http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/i/Downloaditext145jar.htm

3. Download iTextAsian (Latest Version) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/itext/files/

extrajars --> extrajars 2.0.zip

After you unzip the files take only itext-asian.jar

4. Rename itext-1.4.5.jar to iText.jar

5. Rename itext-asian.jar to iTextAsian.jar

6. Zip all the three files (PDFActions.jar, iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar) to one zip file and name it PDFActions.zip

Final Step --> upload and deploy the zip file PDFActions.zip in MII custom Actions.

Hope it solves your problem.

Regards,

Firoz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Firoz.

It really helped me out. Bravo...

regards,

Zaigham Raza

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A number of folks have posted different issues with the PDF generator in MII in the recent months. I would search on iText for the last year and see if any of their experiences can help you out.

Regards,

Mike