cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Inspection type with QI stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Gurus,

I want to activate Inspection Types 01, 05, 08, 09 and 89 for a material. I already have stock for 2 batches for this mateiral in QI. I tried activating Inspection Type 01using t-code QA08. I entered the Plant and Material and ticked 'Assignn Inspection type' and 'Activate despite insp. stock' on the Activate insp. type tab of this transaction but the system gives an error 'Mats. with insp. stock'. I even tried by ticking on the 'Create Change Documents' option but in vain

I also tried the Individual processing and Mass processing tabs of QA08 but faced same issue.

Please tell me how to activate inspection types for this material.

Regards,

Manish Saraswat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

While doing the QA08, make sure that for that mateiral no inpection stock of other inspection type is not avialble

in the system. Clear the quantity of other inspection types from quality.

Also check the Config setting for plant that 0800 in assigned to Ins TypeForInspStock

Manish

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You just need to make sure the config is done that Manish indicated. No need to empty QI stock.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. Right now the only Inspection Type which is active for this material is 89. I want to activate 01, 05, 08 and 09. As I said earlier I have stock for 2 batches in QI and there are no Inspection Lots for these batches as no Inspection Types are active.

I checked and found that InspTypeForInspStock doest has any value. Its blank.

Please advise whether the system will allow me to activate the mentioned Inspection Types.

Regards,

Manish Saraswat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.