cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to access udf value in multiple message mapping

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to access udf value in multiple message mapping. Who to achive this scenario.

i look golable container- but it is the values that you want to read again when you next call any user-defined function in the same message mapping . But mine is multiple message mapping.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to store the value in backend systems or database. If you do so, you can use Jdbc lookup or RFC lookup for multiple message mapping. That is one possible way. Another way is using fix values(value mapping) too.

0 Kudos

First thanks for reply.

My scenario is following:

JDBC to SOAP and mail:

Fist validating the source value, if no error call SOAP, else send mail.

Currenty did:

create two mapping:

mapping1 : JDBC to SOAP -- validation the source value using UDF and jdbc lookup. If no error call SOAP. If any error want to store in some "common place" for access the error message

Mapping2: JBCD to Mail -- read the error message from "common place" and send the error message as boay of mail.

Am i doing correct way or is there any other good approch is available?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kumar

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>> *mapping1 : JDBC to SOAP -- validation the source value using UDF and jdbc lookup. If no error call SOAP. If any error want to store in some "common place" for access the error message

Mapping2: JBCD to Mail -- read the error message from "common place" and send the error message as boay of mail.* >>>

if there is any error u can store that message in file on PI system(a common place) and use that message while sending error message to mail.

Regards,

Gagandeep

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

currently i am using common place as one "oracle server table".

But what i feel is my current approch, may case performance issue. Becuse

mapping1:1) Creating connection in oracle database

2)insert into oracle table using udf.

mapping2:1) Creating connection in oracle database

2)read the oracle table using udf.

Is there any way to achive it in PI itself?

Is there any common place to store the values in PI itself?

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>>Is there any way to achive it in PI itself?

According to my understanding you can store ur value in PI sever in simple file using FCC and read that file also using FCC and use further as u like

second option is u can store ur values in ztable of PI and the read that table when require by using FM.

regards

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I used one oracle table as common place for access the values in multiple message mapping.

Thanks and Regards,

Kumar

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I used one oracle table as common place for access the values in multiple message mapping.

Yes, That is better design approach. Store the values in database table and use jdbc lookup in multiple message mapping. There wont be persistent issue across mappings in the same interface.

0 Kudos

thank u for ur reply

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>i look golable container- but it is the values that you want to read again when you next call any user-defined function in the same message mapping . But mine is multiple message mapping.

this is not possible

describe the scenario and we will tell you how to do it in another way

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk