cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Inspection types with different task list usages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created 5 different inspection types (copied from inspection type 05) with different task list usages. All these inspection types are attached to a header material. This header material contains 5 operations to which I have attached 5 inspection types. (Since I am using WIP batches, I cannot define the MIC in the routing and as per WIP concept, every time when the production operation is confirmed GR is done for which 05 Inspection type is used.)

Now when I am confirming 1st production operation, system is not generating inspection lot automatically. When I checked attaching standard inspection type 05, it is generating inspection lot. Therefore I tried making my customized inspection type as preferred inspection in Material Master QM view. Then it started creating inspection lot whenever operation is confirmed. But due to that QM setting in MM, eventhough I have created different plan for different inspection types, system is attaching only one inspection plan which I have marked as preferred.

I want system to assign inspection plan specific to that operation which I am controlling through task list usage.

How can I overcome this issue?

Regards,

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ponniah

As far as the automatic lot generation is concerned, control key has a major role for that so please check the controk keys which you want automatic lot generation. In control key atumatic GR and check char columns must be checked.

Lets come to your second problem. It may be solved by the solution given by FF or

You can use the alternate solution.

Create inspection type Z01, Z02, Z03 and so on .... or according to the no. of operatons. and create taslist usage u01, u02 and u03 and so on ... according to the inspection type

and assign inspection type to corresponding usage list in config setting.

and assing inspection types Z01, Z02, Z03 ..... to opeation 1, operation 2 and operation 3 and so on.

and activated that inspection types for that material.

Please check it out.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

In your reply, you have mentioned assiging inspection type to manufacturing operation. Could you please explain where to do it as I am not able to find any link in the routing?

Regards,

R.Ponniah

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ponniah

" We can assign the insp. char to operation" .

Manish

Edited by: MANISH23OCTOBER on Feb 15, 2012 6:51 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Select that partucular operation and there is button or "symbol-lens" "inspection char". press on that and insert tha char which are required on the confirmation of that opration.

Manish

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you'll have to use a user exit for that. There is a user exit that you can use to incorporate your own logic in how an inspection plan is selected. I can't check right now but I think the exit is QAAT0001. I don't know if this being called in the WIP batches process but I would think it is.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advise and I think it will work. I will try and get back to you ASAP.

Regards,

R.Ponniah