cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP - SAP EWM interface question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could transfer plant, Customer and Vendor from ERP to EWM system via CIF, ...I am seeing them under Location in EWM, but, why I am not seeing them in Business parteners transaction. Is any config missing ?

Also in Business partners transaction, the IDType , Description , Identification number ...are not displayed under IDENTIFICATION tab for any Business role....can any one with EWM experience help me in this matter.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same problem and we created the plants as business partners manually. You create it as BBP003 - Plant. After you create it, in the Identification tab you add the External BP number and the corresponding ID Types (ex. CRM011).

As a word of advice, do not transport the plants with the Customer CIF as you will have problems with the type of SCU.

Hope this works for you.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Claudiu !! This information really helped me in setting up plants as Business Partners In EWM

In EWM somehow I am not seeing Identification number details under IDENTIFICATION tab in Business Partners transaction..Is there any screen settings i need to do?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are referring to the Identification Numbers section in the Business Partner master, indeed nu do not have a description column to the Identification number column mainly because there you introduce the business partner code that you are working on. You have a column that describes the ID Type (ex. R/3 Plant Number) but you do not have one for the Identification Number and given the situation in which you introduce these ID TYPES in mass for all of the business partners in question, i do not see the point of having one field for description. We do not have one, and I do not suppose that we will need one in the foreseeable future.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

prabhjotsingh_nayyar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

While CIFing the vendor or customer from transaction CFM1, under material Independent objects sub screen.

Check mark vendor and then in the screen at right side, give the vendor number that you want to CIF.

Now in the same screen, in the field " Create Loc./BP " choose the second option " Create both "

Then CIF the vendor.

It will be created as Business partner in EWM.

Regards

Prabhjot Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all...

The issue is in SCM- EWM system I am not seeing table details under Identification tab in BUSINESS PARTNER transaction...change mode or create mode or by selecting any Business role.

In short i dont see the folllowing information in any business role:

IDType Description IdentificationNumber ResponsibleInstituion EntryDate

I checked in other SCM systems and Identication table in IDENTIFICATION tab iis displayed for BP transaction.

I really need to sort this out before proceeding to other processes. Any help in this regard would be really helpful

Edited by: jai_sap on Feb 17, 2012 12:09 AM

Edited by: jai_sap on Feb 17, 2012 12:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, when you transport with CIF in the case of clients the role CRM002 is added to the Business Partner automatically, so as with the vendors (CRM004). I suggest to you to redefine the CIF Client integration model having only the Clients checked and the Create Locations/Business Partners checked (option 2).

It would help if you also checked in the SCM customizing the transaction Check of ERP-EWM Configuration.

Hope this works.

Have a perfect day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for replying to my question.

I found the issue myself . Before Output function module was missing in View 'BUP520 ( IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS).

I went to transaction BUS3 in SCM_EWM and added Function module BUP_BUPA_PBO_MISC to before output field. Now I could see the identification section in Business partners screen.

I am still not sure why this Function Module was missing from before Output field.Anyhow finally i could makeit to work.

I have spent several hours to figure this out.

Thanks all again.