cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Scripts - How to know when was it last run?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a req. to find out when our SAP Scripts were last run in the system. Did anyone know howit can be done?

My second question is, when i look at the TADIR table, I see more no. of SAP scripts than in TNAPR. Does it mean the scripts in TADIR are not being used? or not tied to a print program? or tied to a report program or somthing like that? How can we track a script that was not in TNAPR to know when was it last run?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

When printing a testing form with a testing printing program, see in ST05, I just see some program control tables like PROGDIR, and text control table like STXH, STXL, and there seems no tables for logging the sapscript form.

Therefore, I personally think that without attaching the form to an output type, we can not find the last time when the form is prinited, except that we make some changes in the form or in the printed program. ( e.g create a z-table for logging the time each time the form is called in the program ...).

Thanks,

paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You can use NAST table for checking the last execution of a SAP Script based on an OUTPUT TYPE.

2. TNAPR table will have the details of output types which are configured in NACE transaction with the driver program and respective print forms (SAP Script / Smartforms). TADIR table will have the details of the SAP scripts created in the system. So it means all the scripts which are crearted in the system (TADIR) are not being configured against an output type in NACE transaction. But It does not mean that the SAP Script which is in TADIR table but not in TNAPR table is not being used, because those SAP script may be used in some Z program for printing purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

An interesting thread, what about financial forms. Am I right that dunning forms don't go through NAST ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I think table NAST will bring you the answer, but you need to provide it some info

From table TNAPR, with the given form name and printing program, you'll get the output type (KSCHL) and the application (KAPPL) in which the form is in printed.

Now with the output type and the application, go to table NAST, enter output type in fields of Message type (KSCHL), and Application (KAPPL), you'll get a list of info to show you when the form of an output type has been processed.

Sort the 2 fields processing date (DATVR) & processing time (UHRVR), you'll have the answer.

I hope you use tcode SE16N to check out info in those table.

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response!

This works for Scripts that are tied to an output type.. What about Scripts that are not tied ot any output type? will they still be in NAST? How to check if they are not attached to an output type?

Thanks