cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order related Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

at present we are using normal sales process, but my user want me to create order related billing. for the same i found out that we can use cash sales. but i have never used it earlier and not aware of what configuration required for the same.

my question is do i need to go with cash sales or with a present settings i can create order related billing.

user dont want to create customer master too. what i should do and how to do this please suggest as i am new ti this.

Thanks & Regards

Ashwini K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

If you are client requriemnt or end user side where cm is paying the amount immediately then use normal cash sales process and not required to create item category determination becoz allready you have standard item category BVN.

If cm is paying the amount later then you have to maintain item category determination in T CODE- VOV4. before that you need to maintain the biling relevence as B OR C in T CODE- VOV7.

NOT REQUIRED TO CREATE A SEPERATE MATERIAL AND YOU CAN USE EXISTING MATERIAL AND NOT REQUIRED TO MAINTAINED SEPERATE PRICING PROCEDURE AND CM MASTER RECORD.

regards,

shaik.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks All, the question is answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks All, the question is answered.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwini K.,

Are you talking about counter sales as you have specified that user do not want to create customer master.

In that case, use cash sales .

And create a customer once with account group ONE TIME CUSTOMER.

Now you will get details about both the cash sales and ONE TIME CUSTOMER in the forum.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

You need to do some configuration

if you don't want to change the normal process , try to create one New item category with billing relevance " B or C" (Check based on your requirement )

In item category determination assign that item category under Manual item category , so when he/she wants order related billing try to change the item category in Sale order level and also you need to give proper training to End User

Cash Sales : If the customer is paying total amount at the time of dispatch then you can go for cash sales

for Cash Sales separate Document type is CS , for that you need to assign to Sale Area

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

The item category BVN is allready there in the system.

1. where we can maintain item category determination?

2. Do i ahve to create seperate material for this sales or with present material i can do both the sales normal and cash sales.

3. Do have to define seperate customer master and pricing for the same?

Thanks

Ashwini K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

If you are client requriemnt or end user side where cm is paying the amount immediately then use normal cash sales process and not required to create item category determination becoz allready you have standard item category BVN.

If cm is paying the amount later then you have to maintain item category determination in T CODE- VOV4. before that you need to maintain the biling relevence as B OR C in T CODE- VOV7.

NOT REQUIRED TO CREATE A SEPERATE MATERIAL AND YOU CAN USE EXISTING MATERIAL AND NOT REQUIRED TO MAINTAINED SEPERATE PRICING PROCEDURE AND CM MASTER RECORD.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. where we can maintain item category determination?

Its a basic question. For this you use Tcode VOV4. SPRO path

IMG - SD - Sales - Sales Doc - Sales Doc Item - Assign Item Categories

FYI - For Item cat BVN for cash sales, used with cash sales sales doc type BV. I believe you don't need any further configuration and standard config can hold good.

2. Do i have to create separate material for this sales or with present material i can do both the sales normal and cash sales.

Not required.

But, the information you have provided for your requirement may not be sufficient

3. Do have to define separate customer master and pricing for the same?

Not required

Further, why you want cash sales for order related billing?

In cash sales system, automatically create delivery in the background.

FYI,

if there is no delivery involved in the sales process then you go for order-related billing.

Or you are using service material for billing in that case also you use order-related billing sales process.

Here Item category TAD can be helpful.

Sales Process

Sales doc type

Delivery

Payment

Cash Sales

BV

Immediate Delivery on saving the sales order

Cash on sales

Rush Order

SO

Immediate Delivery on saving the sales order

Sales on credit, based on customer relationship

If in case you have any further concern or doubt, then kindly elaborate you client requirement & purpose for "Order related billing"

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI JP,

Thanks for your help. My Boss requirement is delivery and invoice should get created for the order. dont want to create customer master.

1. If not require to create seperate material then at present the material category is TAN will it work with BVN. or have to do some settings in material master. i mean how system will recognise that this material is for cash sale

2. or should i use rush order.

3. I tried to create the Cash sales order with exsisting customer but system is throwing error as "No sales area could be determined"

Thanks & Regards

Ashwini K.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

"No sales area could be determined"

Check the assignment Part

SPRO> Sales & Distribution> Sales >Sales Documents>Sales Document Header-->Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types

in the above path you need to assign the Order Type BV (Cash Sales) or Rush Order (SO) to corresponding Sales area

I think you no need to maintain any settings

Run the Full cycle and check

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You All,

i am able toi create the order and bill. But i have some question in mind.

in cash sale i observed

1. we can directly go for PGI, but if customer want to change the quantity then what can we do?

Thanks & Regards

ashwini K.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

See system will generate only Delivery number not picking and PGI

for that you need to go VL02N and Enter the Delivery number and change the Qty and pick and do PGI after that Save

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

i know this, but i am not able to give own picked quantity in VL02n also. it is only in display mode.

so i asked how to change.

Thanks & Regards

Ashwini K.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Check the Item category BVN , its not relevant for Picking

if you want the option picking relevance , then Go to OVLP --> Tick the Field "Relevant for picking

Regards,

Prasanna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To assist you further on the issue,

can you tell us, what is the status of following object:

1. OvrllPickStatus

2. OverallWMStatus

If OvrllPickStatus is blank then item is not relevent for picking. You can straight away do PGI.

If OvrllPickStatus = Not yet picked & OverallWMStatus = WM Trnsf order reqd, then create Tranfer order to pick the quantities & do PGI.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

because of all your help i could able to do the cash sales cycle. but am facing one more problem that for some customer am able to create the order but delivery is not getting created for that order.

i searched in google and forum but i could not able to get the answer. all the settings i checked for both customer and cash sales everything is there. what can be the problem please guide.

Thanks

Ashwini

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

It is Totally controlled by your Sales Document Type ,So check once again your Sale order type in VOV8 -- Immediately Delivery field "X"

And also check if the credit management is active may be because of that reason also system won't allow (I am not sure )

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In VOV8 -- Immediately Delivery field "X" is maintained. my problem is we have two material groups X and Y. the customer with Y material group it is creating the delivery number and for the customer orderd material B it is not creating the delivery number.

i checked sales area and sales document assignment setting also. everything is maintained.

whjat can be the problem.

Thanks & Regards

Ashwini K.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following things for your material B in the sales order:

- Item Category (It should be relevant for delivery)

- Schedule Line category

If possible compare them with material A.

Regards

JP