cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call external Web service from SAP MII 12.2, NW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Can anybody inform me , How can I call web service from SAP MII 12.2.

Regards,

Zaaim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too think this is an authentication issue. Try to provide a credential alias where the credentials for the target system are defined in the Credential store screen.

Thanks,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Credential alias has been defined in MII Credential Store and getting alias in drop down

as well, error is coming while window pop up Selecting Port....

appreciate your kind consideration

Regards,

Zaigham

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zaigham

You might need to set the Proxy if this is an external Web Service. If MII Server is behind aproxy then you will need to set the proxy host, prot user and password in System Configurations for MII to be able to hit the service.

You may want to try it.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Partha, i'll check this, FYI I tried my local intranet web service as well, but got the same Error.

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to also check if your WSDL is password protected. If yes you would need to provide a Credential Alias with the user and password to read the WSDL.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

All you need to have is the WSDL of your Web Service.

In the work bench, you have an action for Web Service. Use it to import the WSDL onto your workbench. You can specify the User credentials in it and get the list of all methods of the web service. Select whichever method you wish to use and you are good to go.

User credentials and WSDL URL can be set in configure objects or configure links, as needed.

Regards,

Gita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gita for your reply,

I'm following the same as you've mentioned, but i'm getting error on Object Configuraion for webservice

action.

I'm using webservice from:

http://www.webservicex.net/ConvertTemperature.asmx?wsdl

and at configuration getting error:

SOAP service could not be loaded: XMProxy Error: Connection refused: connect

can you please help me out what could be the reason??

Regards,

Zaigham Raza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaigham,

As Gita send its right.

From myside, just recheck the Configuration Object whether you need to give credential Alias or not

And in Configure links, recheck whether you have mapped properly of User Credentials.

As of my understand from your error, there is connection refuse from .Net which you have mentioned in MII Side.

Kindly check above points and it mate solve your error.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Praveen Reddy M

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the web service action block that is available in the Workbench.

Refer [Web service action|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122sp03/helpdata/en/4e/6eefa18f4028d5e10000000a421bc1/frameset.htm]

Thanks,

Suhas

Edited by: Suhas Nagaraju on Feb 13, 2012 9:38 AM