cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This function can't be carried out during QE11 for finished product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When Iam going for results recording in QE11 for finished product, after giving lot number , operation number, Plant , inspector id and password , after pressing enter button the system is saying that the function which you selected cann't be carried out

due to that i am unable to record the results for ok and rework product, system is not allowing us to get into the next screen,

Please, can any one help me out on this,

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Please chekc the status of that inspection lot and tell me.?

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish,

What you are doubting is absolutely correct !

Lot is not appearing for the concerned production order in QA03,

and also we are unable to create the lot manually for the same production order,

What can be root cause for this,

Thanks,

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think we all need some more details to help you!

Can u try to explain EXACTLY what u are doing. Transactions u are using, the title of the screen u are on when having problems, etc. Etc...

What insp. Type are u trying to work with?

What kind of errors messages do you see?

You say in one post you can't get to the second screen but in the next post u say there is no inspection lot. Which is it?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inspection type is 03 using it for finished product inspection,

Production order created and released and as well, confirmation also done,

While going for record the results in QE11 transaction we need to select select the lot from the production order number, lot number is appearing withe reference to prodtcion order, but it is not allowing for get the next screen for record the results saying that this function cann't be carried out,

I have checked the lot qty in QA03, lot qty is not appearing.

For few production orders (inspection lots) it is allowing to get the next screen in QE11 and allowing for record the results,

Iam not understadning why this problem is coming for few production orders,

Thanks

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly confirm the following things,

1. Inspection type 03 is already activated in the material master.

2. The routing for the material is created with usage"1" and status "4".

3. The operations are defined properly with MICs also being attached to the operations.

If all the things are in place, then try to create a new production order and try to record results for the created inspection lot. And in case, the inspection lot is not generated automatically, try to generate it via production order(CO02).

Thanks

SUMIT GUPTA

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My guess is the third one that Sumit alluded to. If the 03 wasn't active or the routing had a problem, you wouldn't even get an inspection lot.

So, yes, check that you have characteristics assigned to at least one operation.

Then, check to make sure that the operations you added characteristics to have a control key on them that specifies "inspection characteristics". (like qm02 or maybe PP03?).

Make sure that in the material master, for 03 inspection type, the indicator "check chara" is clicked on, (if present).

If you found you had to fix any of the above items, create a new order and release to test it.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I follow your process.

For finished process we don't usually 'give' an inspector I'd, password, operation number, etc.

That almost sounds like inspections points.

Can you give more info about the error message and maybe what statuses are on the lot?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks FF for immediate reply,

When i want to record the results in QE11 for finished products the system is not allowing us to go to second screen,

so that iam unable to record the results, one error window is coming saying 'that this function can't be carried out ',

For few of the production orders it is allowing, for few production orders it is not allowing,

what could be the root cause,

Thanks,