SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing UCES in SAP ISU- IDES system

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are interested to implement UCES in SAP ISU - IDES system which we have for our internal competency and Customer POCs/Demos. ( ECC 6 with ISU)

Could any body please share their experience or knowledge on this, that would be of very helpfull.

Many Thanks

Raja

5 REPLIES 5

esameer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I have done 3 implementations in SAP UCES so far, let me know what you want to know, I will try my best to help you.

Regards,

Samir B. Kulkarni

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is something called UCES - Biller Direct where is there is an Interaction Between SAP Biller Direct and Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable.

Purpose:You should use SAP Biller Direct if you want to present information about customer accounts in your Internet portal and offer your customers the option of paying bills or of creating inquiries and complaints via the Internet.

Implementation Considerations : Your customer does not need to install any SAP software to be able to use SAP Biller Direct. All functions can be carried out using a standard Web browser.

Information on the necessary system requirements and the browsers supported by SAP Biller Direct can be found in the introductory sections of the installation guide.

SAP Biller Direct consists of an application based on JavaServer Pages. The accounting system runs on a standard application server and is used as the back end for SAP Biller Direct. The transfer of data between the front end and back end is done by RFC and is ensured using the SAP Java Connector (JCO), which you install as part of the SAP middleware.

Award points if this is found useful.

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to check the FICA configuration. If it is ok, you can use UCES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i did a couple of implementations Biller Direct & UCES, so I would recommend to have a look in one of my video presentations related to a UCES installation. It's hard to answer your questions as you do not ask for something specific, but maybe this will help

Click Here

This video will show most of the features you get, but there is even more possible e.g. CMS integration, Smart Meter integration etc.. There is another video presentation in progress based on a far more advanced UCES implemenation, but it is unfortunately not yet finished.

If you have already your ISU System up and running, you won't have to do so much within the ERP system. Just some minor customizing work. Most of the work will be done within the web-application.

Cheers,

Andreas

0 Kudos

I am unable to see my own text, so I am going to repost it in case of you experienced the same issue

Hi,

i did a couple of implementations Biller Direct & UCES, so I would recommend to have a look in one of my video presentations related to a UCES installation. It's hard to answer your questions as you do not ask for something specific, but maybe this will help

Click Here

This video will show most of the features you get, but there is even more possible e.g. CMS integration, Smart Meter integration etc.. There is another video presentation in progress based on a far more advanced UCES implemenation, but it is unfortunately not yet finished.

If you have already your ISU System up and running, you won't have to do so much within the ERP system. Just some minor customizing work. Most of the work will be done within the web-application.

Cheers,

Andreas