SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different weighting procedure for estimating reads and billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to use a weighting procedure for billing that's different from what's used in meter read estimation? We'd like to bill with linear weighting but not for meter read estimation.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member442034
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can develop own estimation procedure, which can be triggered in enhancement EDMLELHA.

The activation is in field "Special procedure" in SPRO --> Utilities --> Meter Reading --> Meter Reading Result --> Estimation --> Define Estimation Parameters for Meter Reading Result Entry

Best regards

Vlado

0 Kudos

hi Vlado,

Wanted some clarification on enhancement EDMLELHA.

If we maintain the special procedure does it mean that it shall override the weighing key(for extrapolation) as maintained in the register group,operands and during full installation process while we estimate the Meter Reading.

Also Define Estimation Parameters for Meter Reading Result Entry is triggered when

1. Meter reading note for estimation is entered

2. while using transaction EL30(when not using the enhancement)

so shall the enhancement EDMLELHA get triggered on executing either of them ?

As we generally use 1 & 2 for overestimating.(adding up more units to an already estimated MR),

so the confusion if it can completely ignore the weighting key maintained and give an estimated result on a probably different weighting key.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

With a quick test:

I can use a degree day weighting on my register operand and because there was no degree day coefficient defined, it estimated based on degree day weighting. During billing, the two price keys (which changed mid-period) both prorated using linear weighting.

The help text for the setting suggested this permissibility for two weighting keys is used where the same meter is billing installed to more than one installation and each installation has different weighting rules.

But I seemed to get the results as desired: linear proration for charges and degree day weighting for the estimation. And this was within a single installation so maybe that is not the intended use but is supported with this setting.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

I have a question on the set up involved to implement your idea. If you don't have degree day coeficients defined how does the estimate use degree day weighting?