cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing Rules for Defferals

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have requirement where if the deferral date is populated in the document or item then any incoming payment should not clear that item or document in cases where deferral date is in future,

Any item with no deferral date should clear, any excess payment should be posted as on account payment,

deferral items or document should only clear if the deferral date is in the equal to or less than to system date

I need help in setting up clearing rules to support above requirement, please extend your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using Characteristic value 028 (Due item with Deferral), this will attempt to clear the deferred item only if it is due.

Regards,

Ivor M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Thanks for ur reply, I have tried that but not able to get desired results,

I will be highly obliged if you could write up detailed step for me? i tried lot of times but failed and its getting quite urgent now..

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are unable to get the desired result through configuration, then code custom program logic in FI-CA Event 110 to distribute your incoming payment amount.

In this Event, you can inspect for the attributes of the items to be cleared (e.g. Deferral Date greater than payment date), and decide on the amount to be posted as Payment on Account.

If you are not familiar with FI-CA Events, go into transaction FQEVENTS and read the function module documentation for Event number 110.

Regards,

Ivor M.