cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to create product and location master data in APO itself. When I add a product and say save. It says product is saved but product is not displayed in the list. I tried to choose a active version though the tab on the up screen of /SAPAPO/MAT1. But it says no planning version to select. How to go about this.

Please help.

Thanks

Gayatri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gayatri,

Is this a new system? Have you created your active model and version yet (/SAPAPO/MVM)?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB,

This is not an old system. This has a active version. THis is a practice system and has active version as 000.

I am trying to create products in APO itself which I have in my source excel file. Without that I cannot release my demand plan to SNP .. right? .

I am entering he Product Name and location name on /SAPAPO/MAT1 screen. Checking the Assign Model at the top left corner. It has active model checked. While Assigning the MOdel it says: Product A Added from 0 Models and Deleted from 0 Models. Thats means no model is selected right?

Next clicking on Choose Planning Version. The planning version is now shown in the list. When I select n copy that. 000 Its is entered into the Planning Version Box and is giving this error. " NO SIMULATION PARAMETERS COULD BE SET FOR THE ACTIVE VERSION. This procedure is working for creating new Locations. but not for the products. Can you help me to diagnose what it is?

Please Help.

Thanks

GAyatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gayatri,

I am trying to create products in APO itself which I have in my source excel file. Without that I cannot release my demand plan to SNP .. right?

. Yes, you must have a Location Master and a Product Master in order to release DP to SNP.

I am entering he Product Name and location name on /SAPAPO/MAT1 screen. Checking the Assign Model at the top left corner. It has active model checked.

This means that the product/location has already been created, and already assigned to the active model.

So, what is the problem? What else do you want to do that is not happening?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB,

Thanks for you quick response, The error I am getting While creating the product is

'NO SIMULATION PARAMETERS COULD BE SET FOR THE ACTIVE VERSION' when I select the active version from the list.

and I see the product is not added to the product master data list.

I am not typing the version by myself. I am picking it from the list.

Please help

Gayatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gayatri,

What product master data list?

The product has already been created. You can't create it again.

Stop playing with that product. Move onto the next product to be created and start again.

Best Regards,

DB49

Edited by: Dogboy49 on Feb 10, 2012 4:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB,

The reason I am asking is, I cannot see that product in the product list. That means it is not created .

Please guide me if you know what this is?

Thanks for your help.

Gayatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gayatri,

When you say 'Product List', I do not know what you are talking about. I am not aware of any standard reports in SAP SCM for a 'Product List".

Exactly how do you generate this 'Product List"? If you are talking about something within Demand Planning, there are generally additional steps required to display new products within DP. The mere act of creating a product Master does not automatically cause the product to appear in your PB's.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB,

WOuld like to add something to my previous reply. It says product is created but doesn't appear in the product list.

is there setting missing which is not reflecting this data.

GAyatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gayatri,

This is the third and last time I am going to ask. Exactly what do you mean when you say "Product List"? What report/transaction/function module/InfoCube (or other object) are you talking about?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB,

you atelier right. I am creating the products in DP and not able to see the products in the product bank.

what are the different additional steps to make it work.

If you could just explain that would be a great help.

I apologize if Its annoying.

Thanks

Gayatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gayatri,

It is hard to say, without knowing anything about your DP set up. DP by default doesn't display 'master data', it displays Characteristics values. It is uncommon for Demand Planning to automatically consider and display newly created Product Master Data. Typically, Products are created as a CVC in DP. You would follow the same procedure for adding a new 'Product' that you would use for adding any new Characteristics Value to your Planning Area. If the normal procedure is to add CVCs manually, it would be done using /SAPAPO/MC62.

These forums are not really a good method for performing basic training on Demand Planning. I suggest you consult with your team lead, or any other local DP expert, for further guidance

Best Regards & good luck,,

DB49

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gayatri

As DB as mentioned , it is not clear what you mean by product list or product bank. Are you referring to the popup you get when you press F4 in product field in /sapapo/mat1 transaction.

One way to confirm if the product exists or not is to go to table /sapapo/matkey (tcode se16) . Give you product in the product field and then press execute. If it displays a record then it means that the product is found.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you DB and Apart. Solved the the problem of my product list.

Thanks

Gayatri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

even that this discussion occurred a long time ago, I had the same issue and I could manage to solve. The first step is that you have to assign the model to location in transaction /SAPAPO/LOC3. Press the button Assign to Model and in the next screen, select the model and press button Assign Objects to Model (next to continue button). You should, after that, do the same to the product.

This works for products and locations created directly in APO, the CIFfed prod. location will have model assigned automatically.