cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle upgrade to 11g on development and quality assurance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've tested the Oracle upgrade on the test SAP system prepared as homogenous system copy of production. Everything works fine.

Now I'm preparing the day plan for Oracle upgrade but for hole SAP system landscape: PROD, DEV and QUA which are in the transport landscape.

Can you please share your knowladge about the DB upgrade of Development and Quality assurance system to version 11.2.0.2 and production to be on Oracle 10.2.0.4 for one week?

What if we need some development and import some transport requests from dev->qua->prod?

Thank you in advance.

BR,

Ruzica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gajanand and Kori,

That was my dilema.

BR,

Ruzica

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruzica,

Can you please share your knowladge about the DB upgrade of Development and Quality assurance system to version 11.2.0.2 and production to be on Oracle 10.2.0.4 for one week?

What if we need some development and import some transport requests from dev->qua->prod?

SAP DDIC objects are database independent. Hence having your PRD on different DB release while DEV and QAS on different DB release will not impact transports.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can upgrade the database to 11g using the database upgrade guide

there will not be any impact on transport requests as those are database independent.

you can run different database versions in dev qa and prod in upgrade phase.

Gajanand Gupta