Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To put control in selecting unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Greetings,

I have scenario in which we are selling our products through different different distribution channel.We do sells our product in two diff "uom".The base uom is "ctn" and alt uom is "ea".The alternative uom has also been fixed accordingly.

Now the issue is how do we make control in system such a way that if person is supposed to make sales order in "ctn",he can not make the sales order in "Ea".

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Please advice.

Thanks & Best Rgds

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few things you need to do before going for it:

1. (MM02) Material Master - Additional Data button in menu bar - Unit of Measurement Tab for both the units.

2. (MM02) Material Master with Organization Data (desired combination Sales Org - Distribution Channel), Sales:Sales Org1 view, accordingly enter sales unit. Say, in your material master

Organization Data

Sales Unit

( Sales Org - Distribution Channel )

1000 - 01

CTN

1000 - 02

EA

Further, you might need to use userexit MV45AFZB with FM USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP. Here validate that the entered UoM in sales order is similar to sales unit maintain in material master of the desired combination Sales Org - Distribution Channel.

I would also recommend you to refer SAP Note 883504 - Different UoM for the same Item

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have assigned sales unit as "ea" for retail sales distribution & it picks by default sales uom as "ea" only while creating sales order.Now the issue is if they want to change as a "ctn",they are still allowed to change in sales order.

Please advice.

Best Rgds

Nitin

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That why I suggested you for userexit.

Further, you might need to use userexit MV45AFZB with FM USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP. Here validate that the entered UoM in sales order is similar to sales unit maintain in material master of the desired combination Sales Org - Distribution Channel.

I believe through standard configuration you can not restrict the user to change the UoM.

OR

You can simply activate indicator for Sales unit not var. (variable Sales Unit Not Allowed) in Sales; sales Data1 (this indicator is on the right hand side of sales unit field. You can put F1 to get explaination on the same.)

Regards

JP

Edited by: Jyoti Prakash on Feb 16, 2012 1:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

One of the method could be to create a transaction variant for the sales order entry screen (VA01) and make your field as non-editable. Assign the newly created transaction variant to the user list, so that the default UoM can't be changed during sales order entry. Please refer below for the transaction variant details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/content.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40d1443e-0184-2c10-c68d-c612f771f...

Regards,

Satya