cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Navigational Attribute value is populated while Creating CVC Manually

Former Member

Hi

While creating CVC manually, only the free Characteristic are displayed. But in display mode, automatically the navigational attibutes are popualted along with CVCs. How this happens?

I guess, for this We need to load all the master data (characteristic & Navigational Attributes) in the info cube before Creating CVCs. So, When we try to create CVC then system automatically picks the navigational attributes.

In other words, if We donot load master data in the infocube and try to create CVC, then the navigational attributes won't be populated.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Debi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debi

You are correct. CVC's are actually stored in an Infocube in APO BW. You can see this cube in RSA1 with the same name as the Planning Object Structure.

Navigational attributes are stored in master data tables, which technically speaking are for the characteristics themselves - so across all cubes - and populated independently of the CVC's themselves.

Rishi Menon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debi,

If it is still not clear to you, let me try to explain in some simple words.

You have a characteristic. You maintain the values for the characteristics in CVCs using /sapapo/mc62 (either manually, or thorugh a cube or some other way).

Any attribute is linked to a characteristic value. So, let;s say for characteristic location, there is an attribute called DP planner.

For a particular value of location, say LOC1, you can have ONLY ONE value of this attribute DP Planner, let's say it is DP_PL1.

You somehow need to populate the DP planner attribute value for a particular value of the characteristic.

You could do this at the same time when you populate the characteristic value, or if you want, you can do it independently. Later on, if you want, you can also change the attribute value for the particular characteristic value.

If you see that when you create a CVC using a particular value of characteristic e.g. when you use LOC1, and you see that DP_PL1 is already available, that means somewhere DP_PL1 was populated for LOC1 already. It could be while loading data in the cube, or may be someone did it manually, or derivation might have happened at some other time in the data loading process.

Hope this explains.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

I got the point.

0 Kudos

Debi, you don't need attribute master data in the infocube!

The master data should get picked up from the infoobject and providing the attribute has been linked to your characteristics in the Plob then that should be all that is required.