cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling batch process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

I have got a scenario where sender system is sending the IDoc for each record, but I want to send all the IDocs at the time of evening?

I know it cane be doen by scheduling batch process, but can any one breafly explain, how to do that.

Regards

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sure you can do that, with the following steps:

1. In the outbound Partner Profile (we20), use the "Collect IDocs" as the "Output Mode". You might also want to set the "Pack. Size" to bundle multiple IDocs into a single RFC call (for performance reasons), but this is optional.

2. Schedule the report RSEOUT00 (transaction code we14), with a selection screen variant if required, as a background job. You define scheduled background jobs in transaction sm36.

3. You can monitor the background jobs in sm37.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have got a scenario where sender system is sending the IDoc for each record, but I want to send all the IDocs at the time of evening?

I know it cane be doen by scheduling batch process, but can any one breafly explain, how to do that.

yes that is possiable with "Batch Job Scheduling by using TC SM36."

Procedure

1. On the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Tools -> Background Processing -> Define Job (transaction code SM36).

2. Enter data:

Job name

Job class

Exec.target

3. To confirm your entries, choose Enter.

4. enter Variant

5. Choose Check and then save your entries.

6. To define the starting time, on the Define Background Job screen, choose Start Condition.

7. To schedule the start of the job, choose Date/Time and enter the date and time. (Example: <system date> and 12:00:00).

8. To run this job periodically, set the Periodic job indicator.

9. Choose Periodic values and then choose Other period.

10. In the Explicit Period Value dialog box that appears, enter the number of minutes for which the batch job is to run.

11. Choose Check and then save your entries.

pls arefer below doc step by step:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/e9/e598410779a009e10000000a155106/content.htm

Edited by: bhavanisankar.solasu on Feb 10, 2012 5:52 PM

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This [LINK|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/b38176549a6d8ce10000000a42189c/frameset.htm] would help you.

Regards

Pothana