cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutiple values

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

My query is when i create class characteristic as a multiple value i assigned multiple values like 1 - 10,11- 20,21-30,31 - 40 why becuase same material i received different locations each location have different specification whne i link with this characteristic to mic values flow by default first value means 1 - 10 how i will differenciate different sources different specifications same charactistic can any body know kindly guide me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes got solution

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cant use a multiple value general characteristic with a MiIC.

Set the ranege to be the largest range possible for the test. Maintain specific material values in the material master classification view.

For example:

Gen char: 1-100

Material master: 5-10

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

if i maintain values in material master classification view the values is not flow to result recording screen is there any setting is there flow the values in result recording

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MIC, you can not choose from multiple values of class characteristics.

Options are:

1. you need to create a separate combination of MIC & class characteristics for different specifications.

2. As stated by firefighter, specify a wide tolerance/specifications.

3. You may use z-function module in the class characteristics to get the values fetched as per your requirements in the MIC.

Thanks

SUMIT GUPTA

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must inspect with both mtrl spec and insp plan to have values flow down to the insp lot. And you must used referenced MIC's in the plan. I.e. They must remain 'locked'

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

I could not get your solution your giving solution like this like maintained class char wide range means 0 - 100 and same class characteristics link with master inspection char means lower and upper values flow the MIC then when i go to inspection plan assign this reference character same value should appear in quality plan also if i want to change any values i should unlock and enter the values if i unlock there is no link with ref is there any setting is there lock the characteristic

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please review and study this posting that I did a few years back. It should explain to you what I was trying to in this post.

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=337723&p=1025772&hilit=MaterialspecificationgeneralcharacteristicMICclassificationmasterinspectionplan+unlock#p1025772

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for sending thread eventhough also i couldn't get the solution my query is simple if i create wide range of specification in class characteristics how to change spec in production base in inspection plan lock and unlock machanism if i unlock its wont update in batch class or any other settings is there kindly guide me

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Create gen char with widest range allowed for test

2. Create reference MIC with link to General characteristic

3. Add general characteristics to class

4. If desired, maintain spec in class. (my personal preference)

5. Add class to material

6. If spec not maintained in class, or you need one or two values to be different, change spec range in classification view of material master.

7. Maintain material spec in QS61

8. Set inspection type to inspect with both spec and task list.

9. Create inspection plan using only locked, referenced MIC's. DO NOT UNLOCK!!

Now create inspection lot.

Specs should transfer and results should transfer to batch.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi different location means the plant will be different and Inspection plan as well as the MIC are plant level data. So you can maintain it on lant level. R u using the same plant code? If you are getting from different sources then you can maintain different quality plan for different vendors in material assignment

Regards,

Smruti

Edited by: smruti.ranjan on Feb 10, 2012 11:36 AM

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Same material same plant different origins i am maitain different group counters assignment also happend manually how to avoid manual interversion and how to like with the multiple values with class to mic

Edited by: Lakshmiananda prasad on Feb 10, 2012 11:50 AM