cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we call a REST Webservice with HTTPS security using PI 7.0??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I'm using SAP NW PI 7.0 with SP level 20. Can I call a REST Webservice with HTTPS security using this landscape??

If yes, Please give me the details to implement the same.

I came across an article discussing that, by using Axis framwork in SOAP adapter it is possible.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/RESTWebServicesinXI(Proofof+Concept)

but not able to find more detials. So can anyone share more details on this?

Regards

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I call a REST Webservice with HTTPS security using this landscape??

If it is strictly REST compliant, then the only method you can use is HTTP POST. When using SOAP Axis, HTTP GET is possible and there is a blog by Michal on using it on the sender side

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/28141

for the receiver side, you can refer to SAP Note 1039369 - FAQ XI Axis Adapter section -> Receiver Adapter General -> Can I call the target service with HTTP GET?

Yes. SOAP 1.1 originally supported only POST requests. SOAP 1.2 introduced Message Exchange Patterns (MEPs). The Response MEP defines a response only service and this service is triggered by a GET request. Therefore, to call the target service using HTTP GET, the SOAP version must be set to 1.2 and then message context property soap12.webmethod can be set to GET. It is noted that the GET request does not contain any content. Any parameters that need to be passed to the target service must be included in the target URL .

See Can I use SOAP 1.2 for my receiver channel? for setting the SOAP version to 1.2, and see setting Message ID in the query string for an example of how to set the query string using message context properties. see How can I set or retrieve the values of some Axis message context properties? for how to set some message context properties.

Well you need to download the SAP Note as there are illustrations there. If you want to implement all the other methods e.g HTTP PUT, DELETE, etc then the only way is to use Java Proxies

Hope this helps,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Feb 10, 2012 10:34 AM

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Feb 10, 2012 10:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark for the very useful information.

Could I implement the same for RESTful Webservice with HTTPS security?

Regards

Sathish

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Could I implement the same for RESTful Webservice with HTTPS security?

The answer is yes since HTTPs is just HTTP over SSL (use of certificates). You just need additional configs like enabling HTTPs on the ABAP (if using Plain_HTTP, Proxy) side or on the JAVA (SOAP Adapter) side, installing certificates, etc but the HTTP Method remains unchanged e.g you will still be using HTTP POST/GET or other methods if you are using Java Proxy.

Hope this helps,

Mark